Anybody else do this this weekend?

irishfield

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="

</param> <embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

If you did... what are your thoughts.

First time I've gone to a concert and had a band playing before "gate" time. The opening.. opening act came on at 6:55 ! Everest were good and should take the actual opening band, Wilco's, spot for the rest of Neil's concerts. Everest's website. http://everestband.com/

Played for a good 40 minutes or so... Wilco played, unfortunately, for about an hour.. Neil did 2hr-15 or so.. with the concert ending at 11:30PM 4 1/2 hours of entertainment at a concert is pretty much unheard of anymore!

Neil was GOOD... I wouldn't say great.. but VERY good. Still got more energy at 63 than I have now! LOL :thumbsup_anim:

well that's an awesome way to break up the week, I have seen Neil in concert a couple times...excellent shows..also love playing some of his music on guitar and piano

cool that he put on a good length show, lots of groups only basically give you and album's worth of songs and a couple encores at best.

Right on wayne !!!!...great clip,from a true canadian icon !!!. :worthy::worthy: ..a guy i know has seen him he says 15 times from places like new york city to califonia....he says seeing niel young live is like having a religious experience.. :mellow::glare::w00t: ..oh ya i forgot to say he is straight out of the late 60"s early 70"s !!!!! :blink::huh:

Another interesting thing was a guy painting frantically on the back of the stage throughout his concert.

Found this about him

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol...icle3547410.ece

I taped that clip Shawn... not sure how long it will stay up on youtube considering copywrite laws.

Edited by irishfield

I taped that clip Shawn... not sure how long it will stay up on youtube considering copywrite laws.

Neil's lawyers don't seem to be as fussy about that stuff as some other artists. There is a lot of Neil Young on youtube and some of it is just amazing.

Thanks for the clip. Wish I had been there. :canadian:

I taped probably 70% of the concert Fireball. That was the only clip I got that covered a full song, as my camera only does 3 minutes and saves... I got pretty good at hitting stop and starting again between vocals in the songs to get songs in full... in 2 parts.

A couple, blurry, still shots.

Edited by irishfield

Saw Neil Young last year at Massey Hall, April 17, 2007. That venue holds about 2500, and it was packed, hot and steamy.

A fine show yesterday, and good on Wayne for making the trip. We all need more live music, honest.

...saw the show in Mtl also. Gotta love how people make for the door before an encore. My wife kept saying LETS GO LETS GO but I knew better. Didn't expect " A Day In The Life " to be it tho'

Just when you think the songs are over-they just keep on going. I think at 38 I was the youngest there.

Also it was Peggy's B-D and the whole arena shared in a big Happy Birthday song.

My youngest Daughter and her BF were there with you Darsky!

What baffled me last night was people that finally show up for their seats 15 minutes into Neil starting.. not even there ahead of that..and then needing to bother everyone again to get up again to go pee and get a beer. Same couple left while we were chanting for an encore. We never left our seats from 6:55 until it was over.

Wayne at a concert :o

Good on you :thumbsup_anim:

I've seen Neil Young on multiple occasions throughout the years and have never been disappointed, he's been one of my favorites.

Don't know what the cost of going to live shows like that is anymore but the last time I checked I could do a fishing trip which is more important to me now.

I did want to go see his three buds last August at a local small venue, price was reasonable but I had planned a trip to Lakair while they were here so I had to pass.

Don't know what the cost of going to live shows like that is anymore but the last time I checked I could do a fishing trip which is more important to me now.

You've got that right Phil ! But Leah needed a mini vacation... so it was money well spent IMHO. Between tickets and the Cambridge Suites for 2 nights... ~ $1100 ! (I can make that back when that opening finally comes up for me to be the greeter at Walmart!)

You've got that right Phil ! But Leah needed a mini vacation... so it was money well spent IMHO. Between tickets and the Cambridge Suites for 2 nights... ~ $1100 ! (I can make that back when that opening finally comes up for me to be the greeter at Walmart!)

:thumbsup_anim:

Right on Wayne! I took my father to see him and we had a blast.. Well, I was a bit more festive, shall we say.. For me, it was more of a chance to check him off the list of bands I had to see before blah blah blah..

Like you said, he was good, but for 63, he can still rock like someone half his age. We were both blown away and it was a very humbling experience.

It's too bad the venue couldn't have been held at Molson Amp on a calm summer's day. I wasn't too impressed with the sound at ACC, but it may have been where we were seated.

Unreal how many songs he's written though!! I'd never even heard most of the songs he sang..

I gotta say that cowgirl in the sand and cortez the killer were my faves.

cheers

HD

Thanks for sharing. Neil was "GOOD?" By definition, isn't he always GREAT? Sounds like it was a fantastic show. Too bad he's not coming to Ohio area. By the way, he's introducing a 23 song set from a series of tapes of a 1968 coffeehouse gig in Michigan--his 1st time solo after leaving Buff. Springfield. It's on my XMAS list, along with another copy of "Shakey" that a friend "borrowed." A hilarious unauthorized bio of his life. Check out the disc set on his website www.neilyoung.com.

From a certified Neilaholic. Long may he run.