Overnight ice fishing

HUKDONFAWNIX

Really depends on what you have for accomodations. We did a weekend thing on Nipissing a few years ago and had a blast, what we did was have one person pick up all the food and then we split on it. Everyone was responsible for their own booze, clothing and fishing tackle (bait was supplied) We made sure we had lots of snacks and munchies and that was about it. (Oh some cards if you have room for a card table).

In 1986 I was on an overnight on Simcoe and stepped in a large crack on the ice. Broke my leg in three places and shattered my ankle. Needless to say the operator (Floyd Hales) was very concerned and worried about me. They were careful with my leg and ankle while they drove me off the ice and to the Dr. in town. He said I had a choice; either go to Orillia and have it set there or drive home (London) and have it done there. I chose the latter. Floyd picked up the rest of the gang and refunded partial payment. The boys bought a box of painkiller (beer) and placed me in the back seat with the painkiller. By the time we arrived at the hospital in London I was feeling no pain.

Moral of this story is.....

1 make sure of your footing

2 bring someone who knows first aid.

3 when the fishing gets good in the evening don't do something stupid.

Enjoy your experience, it was not the first time on the ice overnight for myself or my friends, the night bite can be the best there is.

Tomfoolery