Weekend plans?

BillM

I didn't get out last weekend because I had gf duty. I really don't want to hit the Notty again just to get skunked, I'm starting to hate that river :)

I am sure a drive to Meaford or Thornbury would be great, but I've never fished the Bighead before so I'd probably just waste my time.

Then there are the Lake O tribs, but if you get more then 4 guys there is no more room. Plus it's a good 2hr drive to anywhere productive from Barrie.

Should I sit at home and drink the bottle of Crown my neighbour brought over lastnight instead? :)

Edited by BillM

drink up! lol....j/k

not sure what you should do. Unfortunately I don't have time to drive to a Lake O trib either. I have to go to my wife's staff xmas party so i'll be dropping by a few of our local trails to snap a few pics. I'm hoping the bald eagles have returned....they winter along the grand river

I didn't get out last weekend because I had gf duty. I really don't want to hit the Notty again just to get skunked, I'm starting to hate that river :)

I am sure a drive to Meaford or Thornbury would be great, but I've never fished the Bighead before so I'd probably just waste my time.

Then there are the Lake O tribs, but if you get more then 4 guys there is no more room. Plus it's a good 2hr drive to anywhere productive from Barrie.

Should I sit at home and drink the bottle of Crown my neighbour brought over lastnight instead? :)

drink away bud, its WAY cold out there.

Its alot less fun when you have to chip ice off your float

Way Cold? Sheesh, I am gonna go icefishing on the weekend, lots of ice here now. Ohh wait, nevermind I have Exams Monday, tuesday...etc :) Looks like I get to stay home and study! The joys of first ice, and university. My advice, dress up, get on the water, enjoy the day while you still can, then drink the bottle of crown.

Edited by Bill Parker

Stay at home and get into that Crown :thumbsup_anim: ...I went out on the river yesterday in my 14'er and lasted 1hr braving the 50km/h winds...I quickly came to my senses and got the hell off the water....today the river has a skim of ice over it...that's it for me for softwater fishing...I'M DONE til next spring!!

Hey Bill,if ya got a deer tag and a bow,you can head out with me and Remo in the morning for some venison look,n.

We,ll be heading out at 6 am from the park and ride at the Essa/.400.

After that you can come back and have a shot or two if ya like.

Edited by misfish

Wasn't dead at all where I was.. First trib was a bust, no flow at all... Second trib was a bust for us, but some other guys were nailing them pretty good. I think we saw about 6-7 fish out of a single hole.

Berge had a really nice one on, but he had a tackle malfunction and she snapped off. Had to be smacking them in the face with the bait today for sure...

Anything is better then sitting at home, maybe I'll put some more hours in on the Notty tomorrow.

Edited by BillM

....you mean De La Hoya's retirement farewell fight??? I think I could have beat him! I don't think I could've dropped the 80 lbs though for the the weigh in!

Was it worth my $55 plus taxes??? Not sure yet!?

Edited by ctdd2006