Tiller rigs

fishingisliving

dont they also offer the lund 20 foot alaskan with a 115 tiller?

if so, it would break 50mph wouldn't it

Definitely not. We had a 115 tiller on an 18' ProV CE (no carpet, no rod locker, no livewell etc.) and it would top out at 43.

Edited by BenBeattie

dont they also offer the lund 20 foot alaskan with a 115 tiller?

if so, it would break 50mph wouldn't it

My cousin has a Lund Prosport 115 optimax I have been 46mph with him in that boat.

I can't believe it not one comment from our resident Red Neck :dunno: about tillers and his love for the side console. :lol::P:w00t:

My cousin has a Lund Prosport 115 optimax I have been 46mph with him in that boat.

I can't believe it not one comment from our resident Red Neck :dunno: about tillers and his love for the side console. :lol::P:w00t:

would u consider the pro sport a heavy boat compared to a 20 foot alaskan?

would u consider the pro sport a heavy boat compared to a 20 foot alaskan?

Not much of a weight difference the Prosport weighs 1200lbs and the Alaskan tiller weighs 1105lbs.

I guess 25hp does allow for 5mph more top speed than the Alaskan ,I wonder if having the full wrap windshield makes the boat

cut through the wind better.So when you buying a Lund Holy Dude???

Your going to need 150hp or more to get over 50MPH if its a fully loaded fishin machine.

:Gonefishing:

• 2 years later...

Looking in ordering a new boat this winter, i am very interested in a tiller. I just wanted some feedback if anyone ever fished from one of these:

G3 Angler V 172T

g3172t.jpg

or this one:

Lund Pro Guide 1725

proguide1750.jpg

Or does anyone know of other good tiller boats in that range that I should take a good look at?

Hi

My name is Mike. I owned a 2008 Lund 1725 Proguide. A very nice boat. Lots of room and pretty dry. Plenty of storage. a great handling boat. I set mine up with a 75 Yamaha 4 stroke. I put on hydraulic steering which made it a dream to handle. Before that I had a lot of steering torque from the prop. I got 39 MPH (GPS) two guys with gear. A couple of things I didn't like was the console for electronics. The one on the 1825 is much nicer and larger. The one on the 1725 is small and pretty cheesy. They just screwed the fuse panel to the inside of it where it really has no protection from the elements. I also didn't like the fact that there was not much control on the rear and front live wells. Other then turning the fill knob to control fill and aeration. The front huge rod locker was sweet. A big plus for me. Your rods are protected and that is important. Just remember to leave the door open after the boat gets wet. In order to dry out to avoid mold in the compartment and on your rods.

A good boat all in all though. I am presently looking at a G3 162T. I think their fit and finish is a bit better then Lunds.

The nicest boat I've seen in that range was the Princecraft Super Pro 188 BT. These things come fully equipped but the max. rating is 80HP. They don't make them anymore but if you can find a used one, GRAB it! Call Thomas Marine Fil, if anyone can get you one, they can.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

I know that I am going to catch five kinds of hell for this, but I don't see the allure of the tiller. The guys in the photo (leaning to reach, straining to see over the bow, and Roy doing the "look ma, I can drive a boat with one hand behind my back") don't even make it look appealing.

Why not a console?

Jim

I will be purchasing a tiller because in my eyes all a console does is take up valuable floor space.

If I ran a 200 hp 22 foot bassboat i'd get a console... but in a 17 footer with a small hp motor I'd go with a tiller any day of the week.

I'm a tiller guy through and through. Backtrolling is the most efficient way to structure fish for walleye and throw a bow mount on it and you're casting shorelines all day with nothing but open space from the motor to the bow.

Look at this 175 Alumacraft Navigator Tiller

http://www.alumacraft.com/2011-models/navigator-series/175-tiller/#info

Rated for a 75 but they make a 185 that is rated for a 90. They hold up much better then a similar lund after the same amount of use and abuse.