My buddy Avery is at it again....

chickenhawk

as disrespectful as his comment was i couldn't help but laugh.......im not sure he needed to be suspended i think he should have been fined...it was just words...would love to see him traded in the near future....im not sure it's working out in Dallas for him.....wouldn't be surprised if he were to end up in Philly....any1 else??

Hawk

Edited by chickenhawk

Chicken....not a good idea to laugh at someone who is making derogatory comments about women on primetime tv. Avery should be booted from the league for this latest dumbdumb move. The on ice stuff is a joke but this is totally unacceptable for the league and over the top even for Avery. He doesn't deserve a second chance this time in my opinion.

Byebye Avery and good riddance

They should have MADE him play last night and let Phaneuf handle the punishment. The little crapbag would be living on soup and protein shakes for months.

Hey, thats what Don Cherry said about him last year but not in those words. Yea, what he said was funny.

as disrespectful as his comment was i couldn't help but laugh.......im not sure he needed to be suspended i think he should have been fined...it was just words...would love to see him traded in the near future....im not sure it's working out in Dallas for him.....wouldn't be surprised if he were to end up in Philly....any1 else??

Hawk

I'm thinking he's perfect for the Russian league, unless there's a circus in need of another clown. :thumbsup_anim:

JF

send him to Russia..i agree...that way my buddy Chris Simon can make em eat a his meat through a straw. Phyisical abuse is only tolerated for so long by the NHL....verbal should be the same way. Its unfortunate that some players had to be the scapegoat....time for Avery to be this scapegoat.

As far as any trade goes, he makes almost $4mil a year. Do you think any team in the league would want him, especially knowing they'll have to pay him that much $$. There are some bad GM's in the league but i can't imagine any one will touch him.

It isn't like he didn't have a plan before saying it. I wonder what he thought would happen... If anybody in the league is dumb enough to take him on after this it will be interesting.

To say something like that about one of Canada's rising starlets is just unfathomable. He is just lucky she really isn't Jack Bauer's daugther is all I can say....

I think the NHL has to take the high road here and stick to it. Boot him out.

He is supposed to be a role model for young boys across the country.

Young boys stay up late with their fathers to watch their favorite teams, and they need to spend that time talking about great goals and good hits, not "Dad, what are sloppy seconds?"

It's not like hockey needs the attention lately, with the Frost trial exposing the darker side of hockey where booze, drugs, poor attitudes towards women, and poor behaviour are tolerated and accepted as part of the game.

Andy

Just youtubed it...

another event in the circus that is Sean Avery. The thing is, by the media jumping all over it and people talking he is getting exactly what he wants. Sean Avery is much more an attention uh..hoor than he is a hockey player. He has no place in hockey, chirping on the ice is one thing, but deliberatly stirring up as much crap as possible off the ice and in the media is not part of the sport.

Get outta here Avery.

I don't see what the BFD is. Professional athletes have said & done worse things & they didn't get suspended.

Because "others have said and done worse" doesn't mean the league and ownership shouldn't take action.

In fact, I hope other leagues( and owners and team mates of those who choose to behave with that kind of ignorance and disrespect )would take the same kind of action. Bet ya he doesn't play another game for the Stars.

Everyone deserves an opinion, and while I think he crossed the line, I think people are blowing it out of proportion. Honestly, how many people on here follow HOCKEY enough to know Sean Avery. Most "hockey" fans, are Leafs fans, or Habs fans, or Sens fans, or Red Wings fans. You follow your team, and not the whole league.

People who say he doesnt belong in hockey have no clue. Sean Avery is a player who puts up decent numbers every season. He'll never be a league leader, or even a team leader, but he had like 35 points last season, and he only played 50 or 60 games. Those are good numbers, and makes him a valued player. On top of that, Sean Avery is a pest, he gets under peoples' skin, he draws penalties and that WINS games. Any team, ANY team would benefit with the addition of Sean Avery.

Like him or not, Sean Avery is a valuable player to any team in the league, idiot or not.

GP G A Pts +/- PIM

Year to date: 2008-09 23 3 7 10 +2 77

On Pace: 81 10 24 35 +2 271

Those arent stats of someone that is valuable to a team to me. George Laraque is a type of valuable player, he know is role and place on the team, Avery does not. he thinks he is a superstar because he pulled a sweet contract!! He should go back to interning in New York. He doesnt have a place in the NHL. Players who play the "pest role" never, ever said things like that. Claude Lemieux, Ciccerelli, those guys were pest and value to a team. The league also suspends players for racial or derogatory slurs on or off the ice.....this is no different. The league doesnt hit the nail on the head most of the time, but they are going in the right direction this time.

Edited by anders