Musky Fishermen, Naysayers, and Skeptics

Greencoachdog

I started this thread to keep the crap off of the Naysayers thread, which brings about my first point... there weren't any naysayers!!!

I didn't see one negative comment on the whole thread! Yes, there was a little skepticism... but that's a good thing!!! It keeps the crap'ers in check.

I did compliment the angler on a catch of a lifetime and for the live release. Yes, I was a little disappointed that there weren't any measurement pics... and obviously that is some sort of mortal sin??? Y'all Musky guys get the bug outta yer :asshat: and unwad yer panties!!!

Stating a specific measurement on a run of the mill fish, nobody is going to say much... but when it's a monster... yeah, we wanna see!!! I understand about getting the fish back in the water as soon as possible, but obviously... he had to have measured it to come up with those specifics... or do you think that was just a guesstimate?

I'm not saying that fisherman would fudge on the truth, but a 53x30 would be proportionately the same and I don't think there's anyone here that could tell the difference in a pic like that!

Just because someone is a "well respected" member of an organization doesn't mean I'm going to take their word as gospel.... remember Jim Baker?... he was a "well respected" member of an organization too!

Again, congratulations to the angler on a catch of a lifetime and my ultimate respect for the live release of that magnificent specimen!!! :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Hogwash Dawg

In my opinion it was Forrest and your skepticism/negative comments even before the pic appeared that started the downhill slide. I'm not a musky guy I'm a fishermen and I found it disturbing what went on with the original thread yesterday.

I'll leave it go at that.

Peace

Dawg it seems like you have way way too much time on your hands.... You seem like the kind of person who is problem oriented. You are first to jump in to HELP whenever someone has a problem. But lately it seems you are the first to create one when there isn't one too!!! That said though this place wouldn't be the same without as you make things interesting.

Hey I like your comments even though I may disagree on a lot of them. Sure you may cause a disturbance. Too bad everybody cant agree on everything and live in Paradise like some people seem to think. Unlike a lot of people I have a hard time being told what to say and how to speak to certain people. For that matter I even argued with a General. Last I heard, we both had free countries and freedom of speech. Oh, I never complimented you on you fishing reports, but anyways, good reports. I miss bluegill and Bass fishing and always wanted to catch a Stripped Bass. One last thing, not all Canadian attitudes are the same as I have found out Living East and West. Especially Lately.

Edited by holdfast

Me and a buddy took a fishing trip down to Euphala, Alabama once, about 15 years ago,

The whole trip he kept talking yankee this and yankee that. I had to keep telling him that no one here considers themselves a yank, shut the hell up.

He never did get it through his head.

Guest gbfisher

I dont know. :whistling:

If yer gonna say that a fish is as big as it was and that the length and girth would put it at a world record/class size.

Why not take pics of the measurments being done? They did measure it didnt they? :Gonefishing: They measured it for proof! Why not show it? The thing was world class!

I do know that the last big fish I caught... :worthy: ...had its picture taken but no measurements were done(to much excitement) and the whole family got to watch it swim away. :clapping:

and it was this <)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))..<<<<<< big... :angel:

Who knows what happened with the measurements?!?! :dunno:

:jerry:

If someone hands you a few thousand dollars of cash and you decide to count it....are you being negative?

If someone told me..."stop counting your being negative"....I would think the guy was trying to pull a fast one in this or some other transaction.

If someone wants me to buy 57 x 33 then I want to count. If they don't want me asking for a count then don't throw 57" x 33" out there.

people were posting "world record muskie"....I say "not so fast".

How much time and money are those muskie guys (especially guides) spending on equipment? A lot.

A few hundred dollars or more on a camera setup might make them money.....hey you get a video of the muskie you caught too....fish with me!

They could spend a bit of time on a proper muskie C&R station.....they live for muskie.

Credibility requires accounting within reason.

Credible statement on such a huge fish: The fish was over 50" and had a huge gut over 25".....time was short so accurate measurements were not possible.

There are several negative guys who are being negative by stating....there is no way to reach that level of credibility without killing the fish. (BTW: if your businesses inventory guy says something similar about your business assets you should fire him). The level of credibility is doable, stop being so negative.

forrest

why do you care so much?

...no one is asking you to "buy" anything. If the fish is that big, so be it, if not, oh well. The guy isn't asking for anything from you. Just showing off a big (huge, monstrous) fish.

Just appreciate it for what it is...

why do you care so much?

...no one is asking you to "buy" anything. If the fish is that big, so be it, if not, oh well. The guy isn't asking for anything from you. Just showing off a big (huge, monstrous) fish.

Just appreciate it for what it is...

See the the thread on the fish....I did appreciate( more than once) it is a huge fish.

I can't understand why a few negative muskie guys can't see that.

forrest

PS: I don't think this thread is about the fish

GCD -- you guys were insinuating htat he was a liar before pics were even posted. Forrest compared it to sasquatch or the loch ness monster and was pretty empathic that this was all fiction.

I also notice that you have a remarkable # of comments that were edited after the fact. Wonder what you edited if you didn't say anything out of line?

Anyway, what you guys have to remember is that this guy never posted any claims that he had caught a world record. He showed pics of a big fish, said it was a great experience, and that he let it go. In fact, they weren't even on the OFC site. He is not making any claims to YOU. If that fisherman (who looks to be me to be completely genuine) reads the comments on this site...what are his opinions of you guys and this site in general? Would he feel welcome? I certainly wouldn't.

GCD -- you guys were insinuating htat he was a liar before pics were even posted. Forrest compared it to sasquatch or the loch ness monster and was pretty empathic that this was all fiction.

I also notice that you have a remarkable # of comments that were edited after the fact. Wonder what you edited if you didn't say anything out of line?

Anyway, what you guys have to remember is that this guy never posted any claims that he had caught a world record. He showed pics of a big fish, said it was a great experience, and that he let it go. In fact, they weren't even on the OFC site. He is not making any claims to YOU. If that fisherman (who looks to be me to be completely genuine) reads the comments on this site...what are his opinions of you guys and this site in general? Would he feel welcome? I certainly wouldn't.

Again you distort the facts but thats part of what you do: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

-I compared the rumor of a world record muskie before the pic was posted to that of the sasquatch being found

-I edit a lot of responses immediately after posting to fix mistakes.....not later on to distort an argument. stop speculating with zero facts thats what trolls do.

-thats right...he is not making the claim on this board....he IS making the claim. Someone else is making the claim for them.

-Why would he not feel welcome? No one is calling him a liar......just the catcher of a monster.

forrest

..Stating a specific measurement on a run of the mill fish, nobody is going to say much... but when it's a monster... yeah, we wanna see!!! ...

Just because someone is a "well respected" member of an organization doesn't mean I'm going to take their word as gospel.... remember Jim Baker?... he was a "well respected" member of an organization too!..

I could not agree more!

On a big fish like that, it would be in one's best interest (and curiosity fer that matter) to take two quick photos of the fish's length and girth.

The fish is a true 57" The tail was not pinched. They did lie the fish flat for the measurements. The trouble was they were in pitch dark, three and a half foot waves and getting blown up onto a shoal. They tried to take pics with the tape by the fish, etc but with the waves coming in over the back of the boat and the danger of being blown up on the rocks, they could not. Things got pretty hectic and dangerous and the concern was to get the fish back in the water as quickly as possible.

No exageration on this one guys and gals. They deserve our congratulations and respect.

That's what Lunker Larry said on page 2 of the "here's a pic for the naysayers" thread...seems to me to be a reasonable explanation as to why we see no pics of the measuring tape...I do believe Larry has been in more contact with the fellow who caught it than just message board stuff abck and forth.

Again you distort the facts but thats part of what you do: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

-I compared the rumor of a world record muskie before the pic was posted to that of the sasquatch being found

-I edit a lot of responses immediately after posting to fix mistakes.....not later on to distort an argument. stop speculating with zero facts thats what trolls do.

-thats right...he is not making the claim on this board....he IS making the claim. Someone else is making the claim for them.

-Why would he not feel welcome? No one is calling him a liar......just the catcher of a monster.

forrest

Forrest, let me remind you of some of the things you said.....

- you compared the claim to.....nigerian scam emails, Elvis is still alive!, sasquatch, mermaids, and aliens

- you called it a loser thread, and wished "loser threads" had their own category so you wouldn't have to see them

- you called me ignorant for looking forward to further news on the reported catch

- "it is fiction, i will say it again - it is fiction"

I think you tasted a little crow when the pic was posted (tough to get the feather bits out of your teeth, huh?), but even then you went after the guy for not taking/posting pics of the measuring tape beside the fish. I mean, come on.