Home hardware,,,nf

sonny

Well i just wanted to give a little pat on the back to my local home hardware store...You see when i came home from work today there was a really bad burning smell coming from the furnace,,turns out one of the bushings on the fan had let go not letting the motor turn the fan,,,tor it all apart and rushed out to find the parts,,,home depot,,,hmm nope,,,canadian tire,,hmm nope,,,nut home hardware saved the day having in stock the right bushings i needed for the repair,whew,,,thanks,,,just wanted to give anyone a heads up that if your in a similar bind give them a shot. they just might have what the big stores don't!!

:thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Yep. I hear you Sonny. Went into Home Depot on Saturday to get some blades for my Makita hand planer. To my surprise a co-worker from years back was working the tools department. He chuckled a bit when I asked for the blades. "They only sell the tool not the parts" he says.

I thought when the Home Depot first came to town it would be my favorite store.

Needless to say it certainly hasn't met my expectations. :(

Our small town hardware store recently switched from a Pro hardware to a Home Hardware. It depends a lot on the owner of the store and what/how they stock it to please the local community.

Edited by Bernie

As i understand it Home Hardware is the biggest supplier of lumber Canada wide. I read an article on this years ago. If you think about it it makes sense...theres a lot more Home Hardwares in small towns then a Home Depot....by the way i think they originated out of St. Jacobs Ontario.

They do have what you want.

Home Hardware is a small town store gone Canada wide to all the smalltowns. And yes they originated in St. Jacobs'. I try to spend more money there than the big box stores because not only were they here first they are Canadian businesses. They always have what you need or they will get it for you. Their prices are very comparable and well I'm just glad they're here. :thumbsup_anim:

Home Hardware is my 'go-to' spot for all my hardware needs. The guys at my local store (Summer's HH on Hamilton rd. here in London) actually fixed a 50 year old, discontinued plumbing part for me instead of selling me a new fixture. Two guys on the counter with vice-grips and hacksaw, and then only charged me for a new washer.

:thumbsup_anim: