'Fish OnTario

e-z-out

Just a heads up for the guys looking for a deal on some gear fish Ontario is having a sale and worth the drive.

From 'Fish OnTario - Hwy 400 Fishing Store' Message: Lures starting at $1,25

Lucky Strike $11.99

Cotton Cordel, Rebel - 3 pcs for $10.00

Salmo Lures 3 for $10.00

Ice Fishing Genz Worms Assorted Jigs $1.77

Ice fishing combos starting at $14.99

Fly FishingFlies - $1.33 each

Hooks - buy 1 pack reg price get 2nd half price!

Shimano Cumara, Reg. $279.99 - $90.00 off

Shimano Symetre - $60.00

Shimano Sedona $50.00

Shimano Saro - $120.00

Shimano Stradic $$135.00 ... and many more in-store specials!

No problem Bill i'll be heading up today to do some xmas shopping for myself yes for myself since the wife wont buy me any of the goodies that i want so i have to spoil myself once again. :santa:

Edited by AILE GOBY

HAHAHAHAHA...that place is a f....n crock! You want sales? Just wait till ice season & try buyin some minnows! If you can afford them!!! I'll never step foot in that store again....I'd rather go completly baitless then ever buy from them again!!!

Wow I've never been to that place, without having the feeling that I have been violated as I pay

hahaha I only went there one time and I felt the same way. I found it very expensive. minnows were about twice the price as any other store I had been in. Was my first and last time there.

LOL i have been sitting here with Baited Breath just waiting for someone to call it the Rip off Shack that it is!!!!

Last years i stopped in to grab a scoop of minnows, i think the charge was 5 or 7 a scoop, well i dont have bait so i ask for a scoop and the Idoit reaches for a lid from a spray can and proceds to get a scoop of minnows...........I looked at him like a deer in the headlights of a transport going down the highway....I could not believe my eyes....The kids thought that i was that stupid to buy them and then wonder'd why i left calling him an Idiot.

Sale or no sale its the best place to be violated in the province.

But thats just my opinion

Rp

It's the price we pay for convenience, and the price we paid for not supporting the local area shops. There used to be numerous bait and tackle shops on the #11, and on the old #69. They are gone. Only a handful remain. Even into the 70's many a marina kept a good supply of bait and tackle. It's all gone. They were always open by 6 and the coffee was always on. Nobody wanted to pay the extra to keep those places going. With fewer places around, and open at a convenient hour, you still end up paying that extra.

And ever since the new 'Partners' started running the show, the moldy roe they sell has gone to $7 for 12 pretied bags or $25+ for a larger moldy jar of loose cured garbage. At that rate, every salmon they poach for it must fetch around $200+. I went in August, turned around and left!!!

Actually used to be not bad a couple years ago if you cut a deal with Hmmm Hmmmm V....... IMO... the best is trying to renew your license there and they tell you year after year,..you need a new card for $5 more than just the sticker unless you argue, lol

It's the price we pay for convenience, and the price we paid for not supporting the local area shops. There used to be numerous bait and tackle shops on the #11, and on the old #69. They are gone. Only a handful remain. Even into the 70's many a marina kept a good supply of bait and tackle. It's all gone. They were always open by 6 and the coffee was always on. Nobody wanted to pay the extra to keep those places going. With fewer places around, and open at a convenient hour, you still end up paying that extra.

good point , bigugli . tougher reg's on who can sell what

bait and where didn't help much either. damn shame.

i've been burned at that shop myself , last minute opening to

get out fishin' , i payed it just for the fact i don't want risk

finding bait on the way. that uncertainty sucks on any trip.

if their prices and service were up to snuff imagine the business

they'd do. dumb-dumbs.

Edited by waterwolf

I met and went fishing once this year with the owner of that store. He did not do too well that day, though my 13 year old son and I did so well. Yet this fellow never complained, just a great company, had a giving personality, was so supportive to my son the whole time. We are always in touch as friends since that day, he is stuck at the store and could not go out enough to fish more often so he could serve the fishing community.

We did discuss about others complaining about the price he sells his minnow. He mentioned that there are always a shortage of them, and he has to sell enough to make a decent profit to pay for his expenses.

I don't use minnow or live bait, hardly fish that direction, those who need them might have to pay extra more for the convenience. Conducting his kind of business is not easy too! Do we want to wake up early every day to serve our customer by 5 or 6:00am on a chilly day? I certainly can't do it even if there is money to be made. I can wake up early once a week to go to fish on my day off, but to wake up early to work, it is not for everyone. Imagine him being in the business where many are having a nice time catching fish and he can't even do it too often?

If you believe he sells stuff too pricey, talk to Vallerio, tell him you want to be a repeat customer, chances are he might give you some price break, I believe he wants your repeat business. Some items he might have paid too much for it due to lack of volume discount, I spoke to him about the issue, and he said he will try his best to price match them if he needs to just break even, and constantly try to be competitive as much as he can.

I like to go to Bass pro shop just to take a look, it is an impressive store, many of their price are way out of line. I believe Vallerio's shop will have to compete at this time of the year.

Invite him out fishing! Once you get to know this guy, you might be more than surprise how generous this fellow really is as a person contrary to what others might chose to believe. He is a businessman to make a profit to pay for his expense, but he also has a heart if needed be just to be apeace with everyone.

my 2 cents!

Guest gbfisher

I have witnessed Vallerio out in a boat on Georgian Bay with a guy who has been poaching for a few years now. I also have witnessed a picture which Vallerio has in his store of him and this poacher holding a fish which is IN THE SLOT on Georgian Bay. I feel the guys is a crook and a poacher. As they say...birds of a feather....... :rolleyes:

Its only a matter of time till one of them gets caught. I know of 6 guys who have phoned tips....but we all know about how the tips line works..... :wallbash:

:Gonefishing: #1 I am not the boss, i work just like you. Starting this fall/winter season you will see reasonable prices on store products and bait cause the real boss wont dictade what prices I shuold charge.#2 Reality! the fishing business has been going downhill for the past 4 years especially for live baits. exsample;we lost crayfish,frogs and the rigth to import leechs from any parts of canada & usa, to a store that depend's on 80% of sales from live baits it's a lot of lost revenue $$ on top of that put the VHS scare and restriction of minnow that as cost bait harvesters many problems and caused many of them and bait shops to shut down.I hear a lot of anglers that don't use live bait /that wish fish ontario be gone. I tell you we open 24 hours on weekends from rainbow opener to sept.30 Spring and summer we open at 5am ,when ice fishing start week days we;ll open at 5am &weekends at 4am [right now week days 6am &weekends 5am]I know for fact that not many store r open at that time [the time real fisherman go fishing]So when we are gone [2 full time & 6 Part time JOBS] and you need that jig you forgat or the person needing live bait You will wait till the big box open.THINK OBOUT IT!!! PS.The ad. on www.fishontariostore.com [LUCKY STRIKE LURES]IT;S SUPPOSE TO BE LUCKY CRAFT LURES IN STOCK ONLY plus all in stock senko yamomoto $6.19each dec. 5-6-&7 2008 EMERALD LARGE SHINER $4.43 PER DOZ. SMALL EMERALD SHINER $4.43 SCOOP=4 TO 5 DOZ. DEPENDING ON SIZE :Gonefishing: