Leaf Trade (NF)

Fang

good trade carlo and steen needed a fresh start and lee is a great player

Fresh start yes,but Carlo needs to know his roll,DEFENCE. Fletcher is the man to get the leafs in the playoffs.Best move so far was getting rid of the old guys(although they were great leaders in thier own ways)The man is smart and knows his hockey. Sure hope they keep him as an advisor for the club when he is replaced.The young studs are doing just fine. Tusky needs abit of polishing,but will get there. He,s still a young pup.

I was hoping Carlo would be with us for awhile , But thank god he's gone!!!! Let someone else deal with his injuries!!!

He is no Wendal Clark! Not an impact player! Hopefully he'll do well with another team. As far as Steen go's get me my weeping towel. Talent but no

balls !! Guess what ? Wade Belak became available and I'd grab him back in a minute. That's the guy we could use, and get rid of those tough guys

we got now. (Holweg can fight but ???) When you leave it to our 18 yr old future captain , there is something seriously wrong. Bring back

BELACK!!!!!!!!

how did Belak even enter the conversation? the only nice thing I'll say about him is that IF he can learn some self-control, he has potential. Doesn't look like he's going to reach it though....although Wellwood looks like he may have changed his ways...so there's hope...

this a great trade for the leafs, actually kind of a robbery, stempniak has much more potential than steen and carlo combined, no healthy team in their right mind would have done that deal, but alas st.louis is hurting, and were at the mercy of other teams, i'm surprised they didn't get better offers out there for him,

GO HABS GO

"Belak" and "potential" in the same sentence don't belong. He's as good as he'll ever be. The guy is 32 years old for pete's sake! There's nothing wrong with the type of player he is, as long as people appreciate him for what he is, not what he might become. The man is well past his prime so forget potential and take what you can get now.

this a great trade for the leafs, actually kind of a robbery, stempniak has much more potential than steen and carlo combined, no healthy team in their right mind would have done that deal,

Stempniak's a free agent next year, isn't he? Will the trade still look so good if the Leafs can't sign him? Hopefully there's more to the trade that we haven't heard about yet.

JF

It's a good trade if they can sign him next year cause he's only got one more year left on his contract. ($3.5M) He's a right handed shot though something the leafs need at forward. I never side the up side to Carlo or Steen.

Belak is part of the past....keep it that way

So when is Burkey gonna be signed ?

Inconsequential trade. Steen was going nowhere here. Carlo was a good player and will get better if he can keep himself on the ice. Lee Stempiak has the potential to be a 20 goal scorer and a 50 point man. BUT is a free agent at the end of the year. Prolly move on.

Inconsequential trade. But not necessarily a bad one. However I wonder about the motive behind it. Weird timing with Burke apparently coming in imminently. Wonder if the talks have cooled off with Burke?

the problem with many leaf fans is that they fall in love with "useable" players....and turn them into more than they are.....it seems that when toronto gets rid of one pilon, they trade or sign one or two more to take their place.....if they keep doing this, then toronto won't see a cup in 30 more years.....

Stepniak is a career MINUS player. Just what the Leafs need :thumbsup_anim: . Wilson will have him sitting in the press box along with Blake before x-mas.

If you have nothing positive to say about the leafs , I think you should get anew girlfriend, cuz you obviously are lacking in some area!!!

My boy's are tryring unlike yours that lay limplesssss! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Stepniak is a career MINUS player. Just what the Leafs need :thumbsup_anim: . Wilson will have him sitting in the press box along with Blake before x-mas.

He is a winger. On St Louis. Andy McDonald is a -12. Boyes is a -14. I would take either of those 2. Kovalchuk is a -3 on Atlanta. Bad teams have minus players. Brendan Morrow is -4 on Dallas.... He hits and plays well in his own end.

I am not trying in the least to say that Stempniak takes care of his own end. But I dont think that +/- is a good measuring stick for a winger on a bad team. Wendall Clark was a career minus as well :-) Not to ever even compare the 2 lol.

Doesn't matter anyway. You can't get much for Steen or Carlo. I just think it was a weird trade with the timing. Whats the motive?