Annual Upper Niagara Musky G2G

lew

...says the guy with the canopy and propane heater

heater shmeater :lol: , if it's anything like today out there, it will be a great wintery day on the water.

I just took a little tour and if the conditions are anything like today we can't ask for much more out of December...pretty much no wind...flat water..and it's green!!!! :clapping:

What's the preference for launches???....the marina gate is open as of right now....the ramp is going to need some work though..the parking lot and launch are an ice rink, its melting underneath but slick..if this is the choice of spots to put in, tommorrow if it is still icy I will go smash it up and throw a crap load of salt down..then get there early Saturday and so the same.

The small ramp by Frenchman's is pretty good....how many boats we got going out???..asking becasue there is limited parking for trailers there but we can figure it out..

these places are a good place to start from it's probably the most central to some good areas to try :Gonefishing:

that's great news. Personally, I think the first choice for launching would be the marina. I believe the plan was to meet there at 8 a.m. and only launch elsewhere if it was locked. Everyone bring shovels and salt! I'm so excited about the water clarity I may even be 15 minutes early!

Yup, let's definetely launch at the marina if it's available and won't take you all day to chop away the ice Jack, otherwise we can run down the road to Frenchmens.

I've already got 45 pounds of salt in the back of the truck if we get into trouble.

Terry and I will be there with my boat guys. Looks like snow up here Saturday am.. but not down there so we're gonna go for it. Monday +8C and rain.. so I can wash the mess off the rig them before storing.

I have one spot in the boat available if there's an OFC'r with there own gear that wants to go.... or can even accomodate if they don't. Let me know.. can pick up if on the route or meet at the ramp.

So the Marina.. hope to be there by 7:45.. Lew will you have your cell phone on?

Good to hear you guys are gonna make it afterall Wayne, and yes, my cell will be on and I should be there by 7:30 or so.

That should give us 14 guys & 6 boats so it'll be a great day out there. :Gonefishing:

You boyz gonna be coming to supper too ??

Edited by lew

Okay.. I'll bring me stove ! :D

Any tips or pointers a first timer on the upper should know.... before drifting down over the falls ? :w00t:

Don't worry...once you hit the "restricted water" past the big white cans on the Upper the Coast Guard will make sure you don't have to paddle, and give ya about a $10,000 lesson on where not to fish :lol:

I will be fishing near the launch and upriver so no worries there ;):Gonefishing:

Edited by jwl

Aile Goby... as stated a page back... I had/have a spot available. I already got a PM though from someone that wanted it... but he hasn't totally confirmed yet. If he backs out do you wanna go? I'm going down the 427.. across the QEW so could pick you up at a major intersection if he backs out.

Edited by irishfield

Good to hear you guys are gonna make it afterall Wayne, and yes, my cell will be on and I should be there by 7:30 or so.

That should give us 14 guys & 6 boats so it'll be a great day out there. :Gonefishing:

You boyz gonna be coming to supper too ??

After a long days fishing i know ill be hungry .count me and Sonny for dinner Jen might join as well ... :thumbsup_anim:

Jen will not be fishing with me and Sonny due to a great Ladie thats going to keep the store Open for the Sale while we fish ...Thanks Jen ...see you boys at the Ramp ...

I will be there about 7 or so getting the ramp good to go...shouldn't be too bad..it's decent enough here today so far, and river looks prime!!!! :Gonefishing: ..now I just realizes that I need to go out and get a couple containers to get some of my baits more organized...I didn't realize I had such an assortment :blink: Never know what's gonna be working, hate to find out I left the lucky stuff at home :whistling: ..I think it takes me more time to get my stuff together than it does to get my boat ready :lol: