Wet weekend browns

rhare

Headed down this weekend to the brown zone to do some bouncing. Weather was poor to say the least. Windy, high water but we made the best of it and got some fishing in. The rain was a bit of a blessing as it knocked the crowds right down we even got a shot at "the drift".

we ended up it 9 or so fish on sat and a few break offs. Today was cold and slow. not many rods moving. We managed a nice hen, watched a fist fight on the river bank that ended up with a guy in the river and packed it in.Camera wasnt working right in the rain so some of the pics didnt turn out but heres some from the weekend.Good mix of fish really enjoy.

Ryan

DSCF1172.jpg

DSCF1168.jpg

DSCF1173.jpg

DSCF1181.jpg

DSCF1177.jpg

DSCF1176.jpg

DSCF1188.jpg

DSCF1185.jpg

DSCF1183.jpg

aha, that's funny man,m Imagine that a fist fight at Port Da Looser :lol: it's reasons like that I have not really put any effort into fishing shore there for years..always some kind of ongoing soap opera with 30-40 guys fishing "the wall" I have seen scraps between guys fishing opposite sides of the harbour like that..casting huge sinkers,tangling eachothers lines up from across the channel, guys hopping in cars to run over the the oppposite side to scrap with the other guys..it gets prettystupid at times :blink:

I was there a couple times in the last week in my boat, one day I counted 36 people fishing in that spot. :o

Good going on the fish,sorry to hear you got an example of the "fine anglers" that hang out there at times :dunno:

Thanks for sharing the pics, fishing is picking up there, we been getting a few browns and bows in the boat

aha, that's funny man,m Imagine that a fist fight at Port Da Looser :lol: it's reasons like that I have not really put any effort into fishing shore there for years..always some kind of ongoing soap opera with 30-40 guys fishing "the wall" I have seen scraps between guys fishing opposite sides of the harbour like that..casting huge sinkers,tangling eachothers lines up from across the channel, guys hopping in cars to run over the the oppposite side to scrap with the other guys..it gets prettystupid at times :blink:

I was there a couple times in the last week in my boat, one day I counted 36 people fishing in that spot. :o

Good going on the fish,sorry to hear you got an example of the "fine anglers" that hang out there at times :dunno:

Thanks for sharing the pics, fishing is picking up there, we been getting a few browns and bows in the boat

Its definatly a soap opera, I wasnt all that surprised to see the one fella in the middle of it end up in the river, he seems to always be there swearing at someone.

I guess you never know who you might piss off.

How well do the boats do there? I had mine with me but never bothered even using it, I dont think I've seen a boat with a fish on.

Kemper

indeed they do :whistling:

Its definatly a soap opera, I wasnt all that surprised to see the one fella in the middle of it end up in the river, he seems to always be there swearing at someone.

I guess you never know who you might piss off.

How well do the boats do there? I had mine with me but never bothered even using it, I dont think I've seen a boat with a fish on.

Kemper

indeed they do :whistling:

if there is a good current and drift you can do pretty good, often putting 12-15 fish or so in the boat :Gonefishing: