Question.Attaching lead core line to a Planer Board

Mike the Pike

We do it all the time, no ill effects at all. And as for the line slipping, try and pick yourself up locking clips for you boards this way your line will not come out until you release it.

Don, where can I get those locking clips from here locally??....Are they made by Off-Shore as well??

Yup, been using Lead Core on offshore boards with the OR18 release clip (http://www.offshoretackle.com/prelease.htm) for years with NO problems what so ever.

Now, if you want to see something really cool with lead core, you should see how I connect my leader to the core!

HH

Clips have been available at BPS... not cheap at around $18.00 per.

Edited by Headhunter

Don, where can I get those locking clips from here locally??....Are they made by Off-Shore as well??

Steve we had to drive to Smiths Falls to Bennetts, I have four and I think he had two more left. Bits and Baits had them but are sold out. They are a bit pricey but well worth it. The board will not come off.

I run the OR18 with 18# lead core. The pull on the board keeps the leadcore out of the water at all times from rod to board. Works very well

each color of 18" gives me about 8ft depth of water with a 50ft flouro leader. I like to run the shallow minnow baits like rapalas and reefrunners with the lead core

It's also very good at dialing in the bottom on flats in the 20 to 30 ft range. The no stretch aspect of core also makes board reading that much easier... just remember that lead core and reel drag systems don't get along very well, so bear that in mind while your holding on the that double digit Sheepie!!!!!

HH

Well thanks for the quick responses guys fortunately for me I have 2 kinds of planer boards.

The walleye boards from church tackle and 2 offshore boards.

I will be using the church tackle boards to clip the lead core onto.

The line clip holds any kind of line including braid and fireline.

I always appreciate the helpful folks on this site thanks again.

I will be heading off to Quinte Thursday Novv 13th.

5 more sleeps :Gonefishing:

MTP

Well thanks for the quick responses guys fortunately for me I have 2 kinds of planer boards.

The walleye boards from church tackle and 2 offshore boards.

I will be using the church tackle boards to clip the lead core onto.

The line clip holds any kind of line including braid and fireline.

I always appreciate the helpful folks on this site thanks again.

I will be heading off to Quinte Thursday Novv 13th.

5 more sleeps :Gonefishing:

MTP

Good luck Mike!!!!!.....I may come down for the day either Thursday or Friday...

LMAO !! :thumbsup_anim:

Regretting the tiller already?

No boyZ I still love my tiller cause I fish walleye 90 percent of the time and trolling with a tiller is the way to go.

Ok I have to admit it may not be my last boat and as I get closer to paying our house off a full wrap windshield may be in the near future.

Oh and Wayne I noticed you like pulling tubes from a tiller boat :canadian:

MTP