Bear sighting at Rouge River?

John Bacon

Did anybody hear of a bear sighting at the Rouge?

I dropped by my parent's house today. My mother mentioned that by brother-in-law had dropped by Rouge to walk his dog. He was told to leave because a bear had been sighted.

Did anybody else hear of a bear sighting? This would have been on Highway 2 at Glenn Rouge campgroud.

Haven't heard but it wouldn't suprise me, they're turning up everywhere these days, Newmarket, Bolton, Orangeville. If deer could thrive in the Don Parklands in the inner bowels of a large city it's not so hard to believe that bears could make their residence in Glen Rouge. Either that or something escaped from the zoo.

But all of these possiblities are ridiculous compared to the most plausible explanation.....sasquatch.

We see bears all over town here. They especially like the dumpsters behind Timmie's, Rotten Ronnie's and colonel Chicken. Just another form of entertainment here. One day I was taking some pictures of a momma and 3 cubs about a hundred yards or so from my back door and a couple of young ladies came up behind me. One asked me what I'd do if momma came after me? I told her that wasn't likely as I didn't constitute any kind of threat to her or the young'uns. Next question of course was "Yeah but what if?" I said I'd run like hell. "But you can't outrun a bear!" Of course my answer was "I only have to outrun you." Young ladies took a head start and I continued taking pictures for another half hour.

not surprised. last summer my sons daycare (kingston rd/altona) was in lockdown after a they spotted a loose bear in pickering. they ended up catching it in the liverpool rd/kingston rd area. i guess a bear lockdown is better than a lockdown because of some gang shooting.

We see bears all over town here. They especially like the dumpsters behind Timmie's, Rotten Ronnie's and colonel Chicken. Just another form of entertainment here. One day I was taking some pictures of a momma and 3 cubs about a hundred yards or so from my back door and a couple of young ladies came up behind me. One asked me what I'd do if momma came after me? I told her that wasn't likely as I didn't constitute any kind of threat to her or the young'uns. Next question of course was "Yeah but what if?" I said I'd run like hell. "But you can't outrun a bear!" Of course my answer was "I only have to outrun you." Young ladies took a head start and I continued taking pictures for another half hour.

I'm glad I didn't have any drink in my hands when I read that. :clapping:

Depending on how ugly it was, it may have been my ex wife.

I was going to say something but I think I best keep my thoughts to myself.