WOW Bought a BUCK Knife for half price

holdfast

I bought a stainless steel locking knife from dollarama at the start of summer and it works great. Is it possible to make stainless steel knife with a 4" locking blade for under a dollar? I can't figure out how that is possible.

Some of you guys are "hard" on China.

Some of you may remember Japan in the 50's. They sold mostly trinkets that was nothing but junk. But look at the Japanese products now.

If you can wait 50 years, who knows, China might be selling good stuff in the future. But we may not care if China ends up selling good products because by then we may end up being sick to the extreme or they may end up poisoning us with their poisoned food. This is scary because they keep putting in the wrong chemicals into food. Several weeks ago, it was found that they were puttingg in a certain chemical into food when that chemical is supposed to have gone into anti-freeze.

I suppose this could be a quiet way of winning a war against other nations - just export poisoned food.

carp-starter --- good luck you guys - I think I will go and eats some sterilized pebbles.

Everything's made in China, you want to hit China hard, quit smoking!

By the way even if something says "made in Canada" legally only 40% of the product had to be made in Canada. In some instances, that could constitute just the packaging.

Edited by Rich

I believe China (Taiwan) took over making Buck knives in 2006. I think Shrade also sold out. You can still find the old USA made ones on Ebay, but they are mostly used ones now.

I found this out a few years ago when I tried to buy a new USA made Buck knife. I ended up buying a used one on ebay and it was in great shape. Still use it all the time for fishing etc.

Joey

Gotta love love people who complain that everything is made in China, if it wasnt be prepared to pay double the price my friend. Simple economics.

China has the supply, and the competitive advantage to produce products for a lower cost. In effect China as a whole is kind of the low cost producer of the entire world market in certain sectors.

More supply at a lower cost means that our wallets are heavier.

Everyone wants to go green and buy domestic products that are responsibily marketed.

Ya, that would be nice but are you prepared to pay?

China has the supply, and the competitive advantage to produce products for a lower cost. In effect China as a whole is kind of the low cost producer of the entire world market in certain sectors.

More supply at a lower cost means that our wallets are heavier.

Everyone wants to go green and buy domestic products that are responsibily marketed.

Ya, that would be nice but are you prepared to pay?

While reviewing this buck knife made in china thing, one site listed all the codes for USA made buck knives and then warned which ones were made in China and their codes. They recommended people buy the USA made ones and not the China ones, this symbol was on the website:

2904842675_6ecf39e6f0_o.jpg

Joey

While reviewing this buck knife made in china thing, one site listed all the codes for USA made buck knives and then warned which ones were made in China and their codes. They recommended people buy the USA made ones and not the China ones, this symbol was on the website:

2904842675_6ecf39e6f0_o.jpg

Joey

Haha thats funny joey, good find!

I wonder if the goof that put it up on the site realizes how much he/she 'feeds the dragon' every day?

Some of you guys are "hard" on China.

Some of you may remember Japan in the 50's. They sold mostly trinkets that was nothing but junk. But look at the Japanese products now.

If you can wait 50 years, who knows, China might be selling good stuff in the future.

Whether we like it or not, or even believe it, there's a shift in power going on. The power is moving from south of our border to across the oceans to the east and west of us. Our world is always in flux, and right now some European countries are getting some of theirs back, but the bulk of the shift is across the Pacific to the Asian Rim.

JF

Once all our domestic manufactures sell everything off to China so nothing is longer made here and nobody has any jobs to purchase any of the junk that comes from China, then what.

Not everyone can have a job that requires the saying "sir do you want fries with that" :)

I believe China (Taiwan) took over making Buck knives in 2006. I think Shrade also sold out. You can still find the old USA made ones on Ebay, but they are mostly used ones now.

I found this out a few years ago when I tried to buy a new USA made Buck knife. I ended up buying a used one on ebay and it was in great shape. Still use it all the time for fishing etc.

Joey

Actually Joey when I went back to Canadian Tire, I noticed for twenty dollars more I could of bought a Buck hunting knife with a leather Sheath and a Made in USA inscription. The Chinese made ones are strategically hidden behind the packaging. Fooled me. Just not the same having a Buck made in China. Definitely won't be my favorite among my Schrade and Henkel, Leatherman and Buck Pocket knife.

Gotta love love people who complain that everything is made in China, if it wasnt be prepared to pay double the price my friend. Simple economics.

Wait for it as China is going to get theirs!!!!!!!! With the cost of fuel their cheap stuff will go up in price, the Dollar store is now the Tooney store.

Actually Joey when I went back to Canadian Tire, I noticed for twenty dollars more I could of bought a Buck hunting knife with a leather Sheath and a Made in USA inscription. The Chinese made ones are strategically hidden behind the packaging. Fooled me. Just not the same having a Buck made in China. Definitely won't be my favorite among my Schrade and Henkel, Leatherman and Buck Pocket knife.

Schrade knives are also manufactured in China.