Its Big Eye Time

Badger Shark

Its been a long time coming but this Sat. we ventured out and found the Pigs!

Went out yesterday with Eric (Clown Worship). We met up with Terry and Andy and their buddies and headed out around 7ish am. We all split off in different directions to cover water. The water we were fishing is a large area to search.

Eric and I started trolling and trolling and trolling, finally Eric get a fish on. It is fighting hard and I say " I think its a sheepie" and I was right. But hey its a fish!

Here is a pic

collinsbaymiscsept08050.jpg

At around 12:30 Eye Tracker called me and we headed in to pick him up. As soon as he boarded he pointed us in the direction that would prove to be Hog Land.

We set up a six board spread and covered alot of water before the first pig struck. I am up first, I could tell she was an eye. Finally we get her on board and I have my first Hog of the this fall season and we have found the big girls!

Here is the pic

collinsbaymiscsept08072.jpg

Within five minutes after putting her back Eric is onto a fish.

He gets her in and has his first of the season.

collinsbaymiscsept08076.jpg

collinsbaymiscsept08077.jpg

After another 10 min or so Sheldon gets a nice one on but unfortunately she T-boned the lure and at about 50 feet from the boat it just opened her mouth and let go. It was weird becaue we could see the lure sideways in its mouth , also all but one of the fish headed to the surface right away which is why we lost 4. It is really important to keep them below so they have a harder time shaking the hook loose.

After a while my rod goes off again and I am fighting another nice eye, after a nice net job I have my second of the day.

collinsbaymiscsept08080.jpg

A while after this one Eric gets another one on.

collinsbaymiscsept08081.jpg

Then there was a bit of a lull and finally Sheldon gets another one on, unfortunately this one did the same as the last one at almost the same point. Man Eric and I felt bad for him.

My next fish was a bit of a surprise, we werent sure exactly what it was. This fish was jumping all over the place. Finally we get her in and she is my biggest smallie of the year. What a football!

collinsbaymiscsept08086.jpg

collinsbaymiscsept08087.jpg

Pics dont do it justice. Close to 5lbs I am sure!

It is starting to get late and Sheldon still hasnt got one in. He says looks like the bite has stopped. I said we we had a lull before so why dont we try a bit longer. Good thing we did as he finally pulled in the Hog of the day. This fish fought him the whole way and bulldogged to the bottom at least 6 or 7 times. It took a while but finally she is in the boat and Sheldon is all smiles with this 10lb3oz long Pig!.

collinsbaymiscsept08089.jpg

It was a priveledge and a pleasure to have Sheldon out on my boat with no preassure to produce fish for clients and to actually be able to enjoy himself fishing and to be able to just goof around. We both really enjoyed your company Sheldon and cant wait to get out with you again.

And I havent forgot about the birthday offer of a net!

Cant wait to get out next weekend.

IT HAS BEGUN BABY!!!!!!!!!

Leechman, that smallie was airborn at least 5 times. At first we didnt know what it was. I am not a bass guy but it was a blast reeling that in.

It took a while to find the big eyes and a pattern to find out what they wanted but when we did it was worth the time.

Cant wait for the next outing!

Leechman, that smallie was airborn at least 5 times. At first we didnt know what it was. I am not a bass guy but it was a blast reeling that in.

It took a while to find the big eyes and a pattern to find out what they wanted but when we did it was worth the time.

Cant wait for the next outing!

COOL.... Got to love smallies when they go airborn like that..... they do put up a good tussle B)

Awesome fishing trip guys !!!!!. :whistling::clapping: ...great to see the big eyes are getting ready to hit the bay,they are sure very healthy too !!!..glad to see everyone was into a big fish,and by having sheldon :worthy: in your boat that was great,he is sure a great walleye fisherman,and he knows the bay,and lake ontario,very well,thanks for sharing,some nice pics too!!, B) i was even considering going to quinte this past weekend but the weather was not supposed to be very good,but ill see you guys on the water very soon!!!....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Awesome fishing trip guys !!!!!. :whistling::clapping: ...great to see the big eyes are getting ready to hit the bay,they are sure very healthy too !!!..glad to see everyone was into a big fish,and by having sheldon :worthy: in your boat that was great,he is sure a great walleye fisherman,and he knows the bay,and lake ontario,very well,thanks for sharing,some nice pics too!!, B) i was even considering going to quinte this past weekend but the weather was not supposed to be very good,but ill see you guys on the water very soon!!!....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Just to let you know, a group of us are going down Fri. the 25th of Oct and the 26th. Not sure what the name of the place we are staying is yet.

I have a VHF in my boat now, usually on ch.69 unless arranged ahead of time.

Just to let you know, a group of us are going down Fri. the 25th of Oct and the 26th. Not sure what the name of the place we are staying is yet.

I have a VHF in my boat now, usually on ch.69 unless arranged ahead of time.

Apparently I have the dates wrong when we are staying there. Its Fri.24th and Sat. 25th.