oars,etc

tuned up 2 weeks ago

1 owner

less used(as per owner)

boat has livewell

outboard is oil injected

condition of boat is very good.

there was very small damage to boat about 3" inch.but it was very well fixed

he is asking $2250 for it.Can any1 tell me if this is good price.let me know asap.

thank you

Also can any1 tell me if this boat would be ok for trolling in Lake Ontario for salmon fishing.

boat2ss9.th.jpg

boat1pt1.th.jpg

Edited by New Angler

Sounds too good to be true for $2,250.

Without an actual inspection/test ride, it's hard to answer your question. I looked at trailers where the description was "Good", but upon seeing it, I wouldn't tow the trailer down the driveway empty, let alone with a boat on it on the highways.

The boat had some damage....how will you know if it was fixed correctly?

Bring someone with you who knows about boats to take a look....dont jump the gun...you may be sorry.

Edited by ccmt

Don't go by my advice alone....if you need to rush, then I'd pass on it. Too many unknowns here. Is there a reason he doesn't actually show the motor? He says it works, but how do you know for sure?

It could be a complete steal

or

It could be your worst nightmare

You have to decide if the 2 grand is worth that risk.

Don't go by my advice alone....if you need to rush, then I'd pass on it. Too many unknowns here. Is there a reason he doesn't actually show the motor? He says it works, but how do you know for sure?

It could be a complete steal

or

It could be your worst nightmare

You have to decide if the 2 grand is worth that risk.

he is living far from lake but he is ready to test motor at home by putting big drum of water.I am gona see it running then i will buy it.

The damage is very little.he hit something .I saw the job is very well done.Damage fix properly.It is very small damage like 3" inch.you would not even see it.The guy was honest.He told me about this damage upfront.

i didnt get what you are saying about trailer.do u mean trailer is not good.i check it properly and it looks way better then my old trailer i sold.let me know.thx

He is alone old guy in house .I think that is why he is selling.He also has other small boat.

let me know.thank you

Edited by New Angler

Definitely worth the asking price.

As far as a Lake Ontario salmon troller, just marginal. Better suited for smaller lakes as it is a light boat.

Does it have power trim and tilt ? ? ?

I have a '85 50 hp Johnson with Oil Injection and LOVE it. It has performed flawlessly for 23 years now (knock on wood).

Definitely worth the asking price.

As far as a Lake Ontario salmon troller, just marginal. Better suited for smaller lakes as it is a light boat.

Does it have power trim and tilt ? ? ?

I have a '85 50 hp Johnson with Oil Injection and LOVE it. It has performed flawlessly for 23 years now (knock on wood).

yes it does have power tilt /trim.

I need boat for trolling in lake ON.so do u think this would be ok or u suggest not to take this boat on Lake ON.let me know.thx

You are going to get wet and cold in the spring. You will be bounced around a LOT because it is a light boat. How wide is the beam. I have a 16'-4" Grumman that has a 84 inch beam with a side console that has a windshield and I get wet on rough days. If you're thinking I just wouldn't go out on rough days you will not be fishing Ontario much.

I can't say "DON'T buy it but just be prepared to be bounced around a LOT on Ontario and Erie :<(

That trailer might be fine for the boat it was originally sold with (Sea-Doo jet-boat), but that Smoker-Craft doesn't really fit it properly.

The bow ring on the boat should always snug up underneath the rubber bumper at the front of the trailer. That way that boat is locked in and can't slide forward on a hard brake (or, god forbid, an accident). You may be able to adjust the winch mast higher to accomadate that boat properly, but it doesn't look like it.

Still might be a good deal though, you can always trade the trailer in for a more appropriate model. Last year I got $400 trade-in value on a trailer much smaller and probably older for a brand new EZ-Loader properly sized and set-up for my similiar sized boat.

Don't take that set-up on the highway as it is, if you have to brake real hard or rear-end somebody, that boat is gonna land on your roof.

For the Kawartha's it would be great. For Lake Ontario, it's a small boat. The big lakes can get REALLY ROUGH REALLY FAST. It's only a 40 hp so you should not go out too far. I've been out on 2 footers in a 17 footer and it was getting scary on a smaller lake.

That said, you can have a lot of fun with that boat for a very very good price.

Edited by bigbuck

Looks nice, insist on a test drive. Running engines in barrels is a good way to inspect barrels if that's what your buying. Owner should agree to test drive if you leave deposit, sale is final upon the boat passing sea test.

Good pick up on the trailer eye hook-looks like there is no front roller?....boats resting on a pad? the bow stop is adjustable on those trailers I think-you should be able to set it up higher for the boat-transom is currently supported, not hanging off the back?

If so bring a ratchet strap along, hook the bow eye and loop around the trailer main beam-tighten up so the boats secure.

The boats nice for that price, i get out on Lake O and Simcoe in a 16.5' often-just need to watch the weather. I sometimes plan for Lake O, weather sends me to Scugog.

check the tongue weight (10% of total weight) before driving away, front heavy will fishtail, not safe on the road. Bring a bathroom scale, good enough for now. Bow ring should be below the stop, not above. A bit small for LO, but I've seen smaller craft out there. U pick ur days, and have alternate plans. May look calm near shore, but off shore may be different. Good luck!

Tongue weight should be between 10-15%. A light tongue weight will give you fish tailing.

If that Johnson is like mine it needs back pressure to run right. Mine will not run smooth with the ear muffler / hose attachment on it. But at least I know it runs before it's spring yearly maiden voyage.

Bob