Went on a Charter yesterday got my first Salmon!

Mattones

Yesterday I chipped in with some people to get a Charter boat here on lake O. This was my first time out of Lake O the water was pretty smooth as well.

Anyway I was the 3rd person to catch a fish so here is my 8.5 pounder. and the one at the very bottom was 13 or 14 pounds I can't really remember the size as someone decided to jump off the boat and cause us to head back 2.5 hours early. he was suspose to buy us all drinks but took off as soon as we hit shore. other then that I really enjoyed Salmon fishing they put up a sweet fight.

6h0vgl.jpg

2ir4wol.jpg

2nsc939.jpg

I thought this would make a nice photo and it did

9s5b85.jpg

nb2ond.jpg

Edited by Mattones

The caption said its a law for Charter boats not to allow swimming. Plus mind you all the lures in the water. When he got on deck there was almost a fight because he wsted a good 2 hours of fishing left and one guy didnt have a turn.

For the 5 hours we were out there we caught i believe 8+ salmon.

The caption said its a law for Charter boats not to allow swimming. Plus mind you all the lures in the water. When he got on deck there was almost a fight because he wsted a good 2 hours of fishing left and one guy didnt have a turn.

For the 5 hours we were out there we caught i believe 8+ salmon.

If that IDIOT were on any charter that i have been out on, he would have been spat on !

Too bad he ruined your first trip out.

Nice fish ya caught too. :clapping:

Edited by splashhopper

wow if your charter captain didn't know and tell you guys that those where rainbows :dunno::huh::dunno:

I think he just let us all say they were Salmon so everyone was happy. haha. Though I do have a photo of what actually looks to be a Salmon that a friend caught as it does look like some ofthe pictures i just googled.

But hey. Salmon, Chinhook or Rainbows.. I had a great time catching big fish as i have only been catching small carp all year. hehe :thumbsup_anim:

But my goal is go catch a pike or musky before the season ends.

Those open water steelhead can be a lot of fun when they decide to play airplane. The charter captains like to move to rainbows when they can't find the salmon or they get lock jaw. I think they find the rainbows more predictable to find and catch ( I don't). Its kind of funny that the captain told you guys they were salmon. Maybe a bit distracted by the idiot Phelps wanna-be.