Planes Trains and Automobiles

danc

I really can't describe what a fantastic weekend this was for me. I would have been thrilled even if I had not caught a fish, but just spent time with these two fine people. Trips like this are indeed the magic of OFC.

I couldn't agree with you more Dan. There certainly is a lot of "magic" here on the board. Thanks for the great report.

I loved the storyline and the photos to go with it. Super job!

I just missed you guys by a few hours, but did get to hear the plane take off from the camp site. I'm glad the OFC members finally got to experience Nipigon Brookies. I had to leave the lake early as my motor broke (again) right in front of your camp and I didn't get to stop in at the site. Great report Dan.

Alan

Great seeing/meeting ya Dan and thanks for everything. We boys certainly enjoyed the visits from you and Wayne.

Just in the door here and will have a report up over the weekend.

Glad to hear that you made it home OK Moosebunk. You've got your work cut out for you as far as reports go. I know that your number 1 priority is seeing your girls. You mentioned that several times while we were fishing. You've got your priorities right for sure. I'm sure that it's great to be home.

We'll have to do this once again some time. In fact, I'm sure that you already know that we will. Tie up them jigs just a tad shorter. You know what I mean. It was a pleasure Bud. I'll see you at the camp site sooner rather than later.

To the others that replied to this thread, Thanks so much. I enjoyed sharing this special weekend with all of you.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the great recap Dan and the hospitality (let alone the brand new tent!)!!! It was an unforgetable experience and the fishing was great too LOL !! I'd fish with any of the 4 involved anytime.

Spending 19 hours stuck in Marathon though was a tad much for me and I could care less if I see the place again. Thank god the lads were stuck there with their Bell 407 as well, for conversation, and also had something to do/get dirty with (tore all the covers off and helped do an annual inspection on it with the AME riding in it). That and the flight from Chapleau to Marathon that I can't even write about or TC would pull my licence..........

Hopefully I find the time before heading back up North, after Thanksgiving, to get my reports together. Have over 1500 pics from May until Sept 22 to go through and 200 alone from the Temagami to Nipigon to Temagami 4 days ! Right now it's a scamble to get to Montreal by diner on Sunday with Dano.