vacation Week#2

Mike the Pike

Week #2 was a visit to Mom's in a town called Bonfield 30kms from Northbay Ontario the 2nd week my wife had to work so it was just me and my

3 kids.After one week of fishing in the canoe being bounced around by disrespectful boaters I pulled my boat up to my moms.

For many fishing was very slow due to a storm that passed through the area 2 weeks ago when 5 inches of rain fell in 2.5 hours washing out roads and creating many merkie waters but despite all that we did manage some fish for the little time that we were out.Wish I had fished more

but always so much to do with family .Had a great visit with my 88 yr old grandmother who had broken her arm and back ,in May of this year.

She made me laugh telling me she was one of 5 people who still had it all up there .She is on the ball at all times her memory is perfect always responding quckly.She told me she named one of the patients Tarzan because the man moans like him during the supper hour.Anyhow I have never seen such a good spirited person and positive person as her.Well hope I have it together like her at 88.

Well on with the pics.

First morning was absolutely gorgeous a bit chilly only 4 degrees during the night but a pleasure to see the sunshine after driving in the heavy rain on Monday August 18th.So we headed out onto Lake Nosbonsing 2 mins from mom's.

IMG_1948JPGCodypike.jpg

First snot rocket of the day caught by Cody(foster child of mom's)Caught on a Red Devil.

IMG_1949JPGgaetanpike.jpg

Next up was Gaetan with a 4 pounder :Gonefishing: (Red Devil)

IMG_1951JPGrypikefirstday.jpg

Not to be out done was my son Ryan with the next Pike.(Red Devil)

Oh and me I did a great job driving the boat ,netting fish and taking pictures :dunno:

Well Ryan has a story about the one that got away.

I lent him my Medium rod with a Shimano Sedona 2000 spooled with 30lb powerpro no match for what was on his line.

He got a huge hit and the fish began peeling out lots of drag no matter how hard I tightened the drag the fish continued

to pull out more line after a few minutes Ryan was spooled unbelievable power from this fish the light equipment was not up to the job.

After being spooled I tried grabbing the line with my bare hands to avoid break off but the big brute got away my son was devastated he has been talking about it since.Thats fishing :wallbash:

IMG_1970JPGBridgegone.jpg

To give you an Idea how powerful the rain storm was 2 weeks ago I took this shot of the bridge that once covered this stream.Mother nature is powerful the bridge survived but must be put back in place along with some heavy labour.

IMG_1972JPGsmlbridge.jpg

Another bridge this one survived but the road was completely washed out.More intensive labour will be required to rebuild.

IMG_2001JPGfallsandrod.jpg

Another evening at a secret walleye location.Gaetan taught me a little about jigging and the very light bite

we caught some dinkers but not worth taking a pic of.What a beatiful spot.I want to go back.

IMG_2052JPGducksonlakenip.jpg

Some ducks on Lake Nippissing.

IMG_2057JPG4kids.jpg

An evening out fishing with 4 noisy kids who brought some cd's to play on the stereo while we trolled

no fishy action but we had a blast .Believe me the laughter was priceless. :thumbsup_anim:

IMG_2067JPGcanoewheelie.jpg

Thursday we planned a day on beautiful bay on Lake Talon.

Here is a shot of Solopaddler in the canoe wheelie power.

IMG_2074JPGcanoeboat.jpg

IMG_2066JPGcanoebehindboat.jpg

IMG_2077JPGboatsonL-talon.jpg

We spent the day at this great location another place I must go back to.

IMG_2079JPGboatsviewonTalon.jpg

IMG_2080JPGryanpiketalondrop.jpg

Son Ryan with Gaetan trying to learn how to hold a pike .Not he dropped it.

IMG_2081JPGrylipgrippike.jpg

Lip grip time :stretcher:

IMG_2084JPGmoitalonpike.jpg

Pike and nudity sorry no tan due to lack of sun this summer and yes I am 4 months pregnant.

IMG_2085JPGsamesnotrocket.jpg

IMG_2092JPGrygranolabarshot.jpg

Last morning fishing on Lake Nosbonsing.You cigar smokers think you look cool check out this shot of a chocolate

fudge granolabar. :angel:

IMG_2094JPGsmlpikeonbluefox.jpg

IMG_2096JPGpikecaughtinnet.jpg

Always bring the smaller net I had high expectations for a big one (did not happen)had a helluva time getting this guy

untangled from the net.

IMG_2103JPGdinkpike.jpg

Another dinker.

IMG_2118JPGflowercarohno.jpg

On the way home we saw a lady get out of this car it seems I was not the only one taking pics of this.

We stopped in Renfrew at Timmies for lunch.Check out the fuzzy steering wheel and yes flowers inside.

The peace and love years are coming back :blink:

Well I hope you enjoyed my 2 weeks vacation pics I spent alot of time uploading pics for the 2 reports.

MTP :canadian:

Edited by Mike the Pike

Great report MIke,

Good to see you and the kids had fun and caught some fish.

I was looking for a musky in there but i see you had no luck :P

Marko I tried junior may have had one on never seen a walleye rod lose all its line that fast did not even have time to chase it down with the boat BTW I will be buying Ryan a 4000 series shimano may help him land the fish next time lol.

Marko I will be out on the St.Lawrence this fall looking for them.

MTP

Marko I tried junior may have had one on never seen a walleye rod lose all its line that fast did not even have time to chase it down with the boat BTW I will be buying Ryan a 4000 series shimano may help him land the fish next time lol.

Marko I will be out on the St.Lawrence this fall looking for them.

MTP

You get us a musky and I`ll get us a salmon.

They are starting to come in slowly, read some reports already so its getting there.

Good luck at St Lawrence, hope you catch a 50 incher!

Here is a shot of Solopaddler in the canoe wheelie power.

IMG_2074JPGcanoeboat.jpg

MTP :canadian:

I think Van Koeverden could have used some of that wheelie power in the 1000m race last week eh?

That would've been classic:

"Strapping a kicker motor onto his kayak and firing it up shortly after the starting gun, Canadian olympian Adam Van Koeeverden stuns the world by winning the 1000m race in bizarre fashion!!"

:D:D:D

(Excellent report btw!)

Guest Johnny Bass

Great Report. Looks like the pike were out in full force! That waterfall looks amazing. Is that on Nosbosing? Looks very nice. Thanks for sharing.