First decent musky of the year

GbayGiant

Well I couldn't sleep last night because I had my mind set that it was going to be a lucky day on Georgian Bay, I could just feel it. Finally headed out at around 3:30pm, looking for offshore humps with my new GPS was the goal. Within 30min seen a good 50" swipe at my lure and came to the boat for one figure 8 then messed off for the day, I continued to fish the area for another hour or so and seen nothing so decided to leave to a new spot.

I pulled up to the next spot a hump that tops out at 10 feet in the middle of nowhere, that I would be surprised if a lure hit it all year. I fish this hump every year and never seen a fish but thought it was perfect structure and the GPS helped nicely to get me there without the regular 20 min search that it use to take just by looking in the water for the rock.

First cast, #10 single blade, black bucktail that I made earlier in the year and smash , beautifull 46" into the new Stowmaster net after a nice fight, not the 50+" I was after but happy none the less and she put up a huge fight with a couple acrobatics. Set the timer, ran to the net, grabbed her and hoped for the best and got a nice pic as it turns out, off she went with a vengeance and splashed my face while she was at it.

No way I could hold the OFC label for our team at the same time so took one in the bag to go with it.

med_gallery_322_145_60144.jpg

med_gallery_322_145_98214.jpg

gallery_322_145_7958.jpg

Darren, anytime.

Yeah, the big 56" on here the other day inspired my little trip. :D The water on the bay dropped from 76 to 72 the last couple nights so it might be the triggering fact, think it was a little to warm this summer even with all the rain you would think it would be cooler than usual but surprisingly not.

sweet-got me all fired up for this weekend.I read Pearsons book and really wish I had more boat to explore his theories.thanks for the post and pics.

Muskie's on the Shield? Awesome book, I've read it about 5 times, lol