oastler lake

boddah

I've never stopped to fish it (sorry...that's NOT what you want to hear), but it sure looks like a busy, fairly heavily populated lake. There are lots of little lakes in the area that I would choose over it. On the other hand, maybe everyone thinks that, and who knows -- it could be an over-jet-skied, under-fished lake. But I'd head down the road into Orrville, and see what lakes you can jump on, or, on the other side of Oastler Park Road, take James Bay Jct. road, Blue Lake Road, Three Legged Road, all lead to a few lakes with decent fishing.

....Oastler Lake Provincial Park, camped there few summers back with my kids. Didn't do any serious fishing but did get a few smallies on topwater one evening. There's supposedly lake trout as well and I did discover some big hooks down deep on the sonar near the east shore but I didn't have any means of fishing them with the tackle I had. Honestly though I don't think I'd head there to fish but it is a beautiful park with a great beach for the kids.

and according to there website there's rainbow trout?

Funny how many are saying its overpopulated. I drive by there regularly and always think to myself how few cottages there appear to be on that lake with lots of natural shoreline...then again, put a prov park on any spot and you are suddenly overpopulated! we had friends stay there, did pretty well for smallmouth (like almost any lake up that way)

Oastler PP was one of the parks we tried a few years ago and we didn't care for it. Far too crowded and noisy. I didn't get out on the lake to fish it, since I had forgotten my fuel line, so can't really comment on the fishing. The best thing we liked about the park was the park store, it was a old fashioned cabin type, that is actually located off the park property. It was what a camp store should be like...carrying stuff you need or have run out of etc. Not like what alot of the PP stores are becoming (ice cream and popsicles etc)