August 6 Lake Dalrymple Report *PIC*

steverowbotham

Bass Pro Shops has an associate series on we just finished our third stop at Lake Dalrymple. Our first stop was at G-Pool, but we had to weigh in at noon due to prior engagements and only had 7 pounds, I missed the second tourney as I was in New York for our 6 man team tournament. This was my first full tourney this year.

We started the day off with a bang as I hit a 5.12 pounder on a lizard. I then proceeded to hit a 3 pounder on a frog up shallower and Cal landed a few keepers on a senko.

We moved out to deeper water and started carolina rigging lizards and 7" worms where Cal hit a 4.84 pounder on his C-Rig worm. We landed a bunch more 3 pounders on the C-Rigs and flipping jigs in 9-14 fow. The bite died around 10am and we caught only a few small guys after that.

We weighed in at 18.56 pounds to win the tourney and set a new record for the associate series. We had big fish util the last team weighed in with a 5.48 pound PIG!!

Fun day had by all.

Results and more photos can be found at http://www.ctts.ca/bps/bps.html

n502843091_1272325_3165.jpg

We caught most of our fish in the deeper water of lower (Northern) dalrymple. Our frog fish we caught in the heavy pads in Upper (Southern). The Carolina Rig, we run 14lbs XPS fluorocarbon line on a Johnny Morris Elite Baitcast Reel and a 6' MH Johnny Morris Casting Rod. We had a 3/8oz Bullet sinker, 1 red bead and a swivel with a 24inch leader (still 14 pound fluoro), a 3/0 Owner wide gap hook. Cal was using a 7 inch red shad Berkley Power worm, I was using a 7 inch Black/blue Yum Zellamander.

Those are nice fish!!!

Should I post pics of my 3 fish totaling 3.64 lbs!!!! :wallbash: :wallbash: LOL.....

Dylrymple ate us up. First time on the water and after the trolling motor blew that was it for the day.

Wow, I 'm almost running out of excuses ..Lol

Congrats on the win,

see ya in the shop.

RY

Edited by Rustic-Fisher

We caught most of our fish in the deeper water of lower (Northern) dalrymple. Our frog fish we caught in the heavy pads in Upper (Southern). The Carolina Rig, we run 14lbs XPS fluorocarbon line on a Johnny Morris Elite Baitcast Reel and a 6' MH Johnny Morris Casting Rod. We had a 3/8oz Bullet sinker, 1 red bead and a swivel with a 24inch leader (still 14 pound fluoro), a 3/0 Owner wide gap hook. Cal was using a 7 inch red shad Berkley Power worm, I was using a 7 inch Black/blue Yum Zellamander.

Can you be more specific as to what you were using? lol. jk

Congrats. That is an awesome weight.

Guest Johnny Bass

WOW! Very impressive for Dalrymple. Been only twice and caught alot of small fish! I had taken the lake out of my Sibbald camping run, but Misfish told me the lake has some decent bass and it seems he wasn't kidding! I never fished the south end of Dalrymple though. Congrats on the win and thanks for sharing.

I had taken the lake out of my Sibbald camping run, but Misfish told me the lake has some decent bass and it seems he wasn't kidding

TOLD YA SO :P:lol::D

Let me know when you want to head up John,we missed our last outing.Sorry bout that.

That was an impressive performance Steve!! :worthy: :worthy:

But if you caught all those 3 lbers, how come you only weighed in 4 fish instead of 5?? No more room in the livewell?? :D:rolleyes::dunno:

I was certainly humbled by all the big fish brought in. Eva's LM almost weighed as much as my five!! :wacko:

Can't wait for Balsam.