Two questions

Joey

Anyone know where they carry Dream Weaver Spin Doctors? Paul stopped at BPS on the way to work and they don't carry them anymore. I called LeBaron and they don't have any either.

Thanks.

Also, anyone know how to do double stacker downrigger clips? Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

Joey

Guest gbfisher

Shortwave Marine Electronics

Write a review

113 Lakeshore Road East

Mississauga, ON L5G 1E2

(905) 278-6541‎

You can stack as many lines as you like with stacker clips. Ask Short wave about stacking lines, they will help you out.

:D

Edited by gbfisher

Double stackers are easy, set up your first lure down on the cannonball release, lower the cannon ball about 20', then clip the snap around the downrigger cable and clip one of the releases to the cable. Let out about 20' of line/lure from the next rod to get stacked, clip the line into the other release, lower away to the desired depth. Gently snug up both rods. Good point is to point the lower rod straight back, the upper rod/lure out to the side.

Buy the scotty 18" stackers they clip on the cable with a steel clip instead of a pad like some other stackers. They have a excellent release on them and olny cost about $10. Only downfall is they can fall off if you dont stop the rigger.

I put my first rod on the inside holder(left) pointed just off stright. They stacker rod is on the right rod holder pointed out off the side.

Make sure you let the line out around the first rod, not stright off the back or you will tangle.

hope that helps

Ryan

Ya idgit galoot!!!... even the retnek knows aboot this stuff...

he also knows all troll caught fish are "no-counters"...

:w00t:;):devil::blink::unsure:<_<:mellow:

Yeah well, I have a good excuse....I've only been fishing for 2 years and never downrigging for salmon in the big lake. Yeah, that's it....

I can catch em just fine from shore....haha.

Now, go shoot up your pickup truck or something....or whatever it is you do for fun down south. :P

Yeah well, I have a good excuse....I've only been fishing for 2 years and never downrigging for salmon in the big lake. Yeah, that's it....

Cliff, there's no need to lie, we were running stackers. Your lovely bride knows all about them. Pay attention!!

DSC00947.jpg

Joey, there are two types of stackers.

This type requires the snap to be fastened to the rigger cable and the short release fastened just below the snap to limit travel on the cable. The second release is for your line.

or2_pi_lg.jpg

This type clips onto the rigger cable very easily and with a single hand. I also find that if you forget to turn off your rigger on the way up, they don't get tangled in the rigger pulley. I much prefer this style.

1046_pi.jpg

Stackers should be spaced apart a minimum of 10' running spoons. If you plan on running flashers, 10' may not be enough even with a tight lead from the release. If you're running a diving crankbait, be sure to run it on the lowest release and a spoon or worm harness on the stacker.

-Brian

Thanks for the replies guys. I think we got the info we needed now. All we need is the weather to cooperate!!

Joey

Do you really want to go out there and beat up on those poor little fishies again like you did last week? :Gonefishing::stretcher:

Don't forget a big straw hat for the sunburn!

Edited by Greencoachdog

Cliff, there's no need to lie, we were running stackers. Your lovely bride knows all about them. Pay attention!!

Hey Brian, if it didn't spill all over the floor of your boat, then I didn't get a close look at it....that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.... :lol:

Okay, I just made the trip to JB's. I called first and they were very nice and helpful. Said they closed at 8 p.m. but if you're ever running late, just call and they'll stay open for you :thumbsup_anim:

They had a wall of spin doctors in every colour, quite impressive actually.

I grabbed a few, then salivated over the musky lures, then left. Traffic sucked.

Paul has figured out the stacking thing.

Thanks again all.

Joey