Are Powerbaits worth of the extra money?

Guest Fishing For Life

Guest Fishing For Life

Hey guys,

what is your opinion on Powerbait, Powerbait Realflex, Powerbait Alive vs other rubber lures?

Obviously, Powerbaits are more expensive but I have caught

more fish with just normal rubber lures ..

what do you say?

:thumbsup_anim: I use powerbait amost exclusively :thumbsup_anim:

I have stuff 10yrs old that still catches fish.

yea i got some old stuff with pictures of like italo and al linder

it says

" best bait i ever fished"

ahaha

I can't stand using live bait as it just get's ripped off from the little turbo tapers and you spend more time re-rigging then you do fishing. If you fish plastics (or gulp) properly you can catch just as many if not more fish than with live bait.

As for powerbait specifically, I use primarily gulp minnow's, leeches, shaky heads, grubs etc. but you just can't go wrong with senko's when it comes to largemouth!

Cheers,

UF

Yes, they are. There are plenty of situations where I select other baits because overall their design fits the job better, but given a choice between a powerbait lure and an identical non-powerbait lure, I'd go powerbait every time.

Edited by Burning Babies

Yes, they are. There are plenty of situations where I select other baits because overall their design fits the job better, but given a choice between a powerbait lure and an identical non-powerbait lure, I'd go powerbait every time.

Same here.

I have plenty of 3" white grubs. None of them compare to the power baits. I prefer the ones with the fatter tails....there is something about the action on those that the eyes can't seem to resist. The other ones with the skinnier tails, don't work half as well.

Sinker

Personally I have never really cared for Power Bait. I prefer Zoom, Yum, and Seinko. In 5" worms I have been having great success with a generic bait that is available locally in bags with the store's name printed on it. Bridgenorth has them, so does Stone's Bait and the Lock-stock-and-barrel in Bancroft. I suspect that they are also available at Fishing World etc, down in the "Big Smoke."

Edited by garry2rs

Hi All,

If the new video on the main page of our site does not prove that scent works nothing will. Check it out this is amazing and it still blows me away that it worked. www.factsoffishing.com

Dave Mercer

Ahhhh! What do you know? :whistling:

JF

Ahhhh! What do you know? :whistling:

JF

:lol:

On our recent flyin trip, scented baits out performed nonscented by a ratio or 3 to 1. Berkley Glup and powerbaits seemed better then the others we were using. And no I'm not sponsored by them but I'd like to be. ;)

Edited by fishnsled

When it comes to grubs, I rarely use anything but Mister Twisters! Mostly because they're one of the only companies I can buy locally that still makes flat colour grubs. I don't want my grub to be "Captain America" or "Rainbow Sherbet" ... I want white, black or orange.

Edited by Rich

I used to use live bait almost exclusively, until I tried gulp.

WOW, when trolling I am getting at least 4 times the hits.

Livebait is still the best when still fishing for me.

I thought it was pretty durned pricey until I learned that you can buy replacement plastics and re-use the liquid.

JF

Dont forget yor PP. :lol: J.K

Try it drop shot,or with a jighead, :Gonefishing:

I tried braid for the first and last time 2 yrs ago.... just not the type of line I like to use.

Well that would be a big problem using weight of any kind where I fish.... Anyhow the results from today are in. Since I couldn't get the real thing I was forced to go with just gulp live leeches. I did catch 8 in two hours but I saw over 100 bass most just weren't interested to say the least.

Now last week which is comparing apples to donuts of course in the same time frame with live leeches I stopped counting at 30 bass..... I really can't wait until I can try both side by each and see what the bass really like. Next week if I have to wait for 2 hours for my last customer to show up I will hopefully be able to try fishing both.... I think I finally have my boss convinced it is a good thing that I save him gas by staying in one spot fishing for those 2hrs rather running around using fuel. Today the first thing he asked me when I got back to the depot was how was the fishing LOL.

Edited by Canuck2fan