LAKE NIPISSING REPORT (pics and short videos)

Headed out to the south bay of nipissing yesturday. It was raining and it was windy. Needless to say it was a tough tough day on the water.

I did manage to boa ta few but it was a hard battle trying to get them to bite.

th_july7th2008nipissing004.jpg

Here she is. She was a littel over 3lbs and 18.5" long

3lb4oz185inches.jpg

july7th2008nipissing006.jpg

Lots of this....Dark clouds sometimes rain somtimes lightning. Needless to say if i heard thunder i headed to the marina. This happened 3 times.

july7th2008nipissing008.jpg

Got into a couple of smaller fish like this one before i called it the day.

july9th2008nipissing001.jpg

This morning started out cloudy and light rain. Calm though so i maanged to get the drifts i was looking for yesturday. Fish were hitting good today.

july9th2008nipissing002.jpg

july9th2008nipissing004.jpg

july9th2008nipissing011.jpg

If you ever see this island on the south bay, i will advise you not to go swimming!!!!!!

july9th2008nipissing010.jpg

It is the biggest leech i have ever seen. It was about 8 inches long! Geeeeezzzzzzz a leech made for musky!

july9th2008nipissing006.jpg

Not to much later in the morning i spotted these guys. I lost count at 30 ducklings. Is this normal for there to be that many ducklings???? Im thinking mamma and poppa were using some fertility drugs and this is what happens.

july9th2008nipissing016.jpg

Then came the bigger smallies!!!!

july9th2008nipissing014.jpg

Video

th_july9th2008nipissing003.jpg

july9th2008nipissing015.jpg

Today sure made up for the tough day yesturday! I fished unitl after lunch then the winds picked up to aout 35km/h and on nipissing that means its really rough!

I will try again tommorow and hope i can get into some more big smallies!

Cheers!

Headed out to the south bay of nipissing yesturday. It was raining and it was windy. Needless to say it was a tough tough day on the water.

I did manage to boa ta few but it was a hard battle trying to get them to bite.

th_july7th2008nipissing004.jpg

Here she is. She was a littel over 3lbs and 18.5" long

3lb4oz185inches.jpg

july7th2008nipissing006.jpg

Lots of this....Dark clouds sometimes rain somtimes lightning. Needless to say if i heard thunder i headed to the marina. This happened 3 times.

july7th2008nipissing008.jpg

Got into a couple of smaller fish like this one before i called it the day.

july9th2008nipissing001.jpg

This morning started out cloudy and light rain. Calm though so i maanged to get the drifts i was looking for yesturday. Fish were hitting good today.

july9th2008nipissing002.jpg

july9th2008nipissing004.jpg

july9th2008nipissing011.jpg

If you ever see this island on the south bay, i will advise you not to go swimming!!!!!!

july9th2008nipissing010.jpg

It is the biggest leech i have ever seen. It was about 8 inches long! Geeeeezzzzzzz a leech made for musky!

july9th2008nipissing006.jpg

Not to much later in the morning i spotted these guys. I lost count at 30 ducklings. Is this normal for there to be that many ducklings???? Im thinking mamma and poppa were using some fertility drugs and this is what happens.

july9th2008nipissing016.jpg

Then came the bigger smallies!!!!

july9th2008nipissing014.jpg

Video

th_july9th2008nipissing003.jpg

july9th2008nipissing015.jpg

Today sure made up for the tough day yesturday! I fished unitl after lunch then the winds picked up to aout 35km/h and on nipissing that means its really rough!

I will try again tommorow and hope i can get into some more big smallies!

Cheers!

Hey those are some "Sexy" lookin bass :thumbsup_anim: haha. I'm heading up on the 26th of July for some fishing. Going to a place called Promised Land camp. Hoping to get into some good bass action and wouldn't mind some pike or walleye either :dunno: lol. Anyways i was wondering where you stayed in the south bay, i know thats where Promised Land camp is so let me know, happy to hear the trip was a success!

all the best!

cheers

L.A

hey littel angler, My wife is from north bay, so i stay with inlaws. I always fish the south bay/hunters bay because its protected from the winds alot more then the main lake. I used to fish callandar bay once in a while but i find that there is just way to many boats. I know exactly where promised land is. You are in the heart of good pike waters. this time of year you need ot go deeper for walleye. try 20-25 feet of water, you may have ot go a few kms out to get that deep of water. I keep meaning to go for some walleye but the smallie fishing is just to good for me to pass up.

Cheers!

Nice smallies. We've seen those leeches all over Nippissing over the past few years.

Not sure about those goslings. That is alot of younguns for one couple to have. Maybe they adopted :lol:

Great report.

Joey

Guest Johnny Bass

Great Report. Looks like the smallies finally co-operated. I thought you were going to say a big Musky swims near that Island. lol There actually is a huge Musky that apparently no one has been able to catch in South Bay.

Those leeches are very common in Nipissing. Seen them a lot at the government docks in North Bay at night. Anyways thanks for sharing.

Another great report! For some reason I couldn't see the videos...just took me to the photobucket login screen. Fishing may have been tough, but you got into some nice bass!

Maybe those juvenile ducks were picked up at a party that got out of hand.....

And...that is one scary looking leech...don't know if I'd even want to touch it to put on a hook....LOL.

Nice report! Yup -- I have also seen the monster leeches....really fun working in the water with those things swimming around you -- but they never seemed interested in latching on. I guess humans are just too small for them to prey on?!?! :huh: Also saw a couple up on "Kiosk" in Algonquin, ad yes, on the French.

Go for the monster muskie though!!! There are a few notorious ones out there!!!

Another great report! For some reason I couldn't see the videos...just took me to the photobucket login screen. Fishing may have been tough, but you got into some nice bass!

Maybe those juvenile ducks were picked up at a party that got out of hand.....

And...that is one scary looking leech...don't know if I'd even want to touch it to put on a hook....LOL.

I think you need to log into photbucket???? im not to sure im new to the video thing and confused lol

Cheers!