Engine problems

Guest Johnny Bass

I phoned another CT and they have cheapos for $4, where as the marina wants $9 each for NGK! I think the more expensive ones may last longer????

I'm pretty sure that CT "cheapos" are made by NGK too

I didn't read where you stated the make & size of motor (of course my eye sight sux :D ). Most outboard's (non-electronic) fuel pump housing is connected to the fuel line coming from the tank. There's usually the fuel filter then the check valves then the diaphragm. Plus there's a few gaskets.

It would be a good investment for you to buy a repair manual that's for your specific make of motor.

Replacing the impeller isn't that difficult. The hard part is putting it back together. :D

Buy the NGK they will come pre gapped and with 2 strokes there is a difference

i usually always run NGK's in 2 strokes unless i can get a match in BOSC champions delcos or whoever dont really deal with the punishment all that well and with BOSC or NGK you will usually get 5 times or better the life

I really think you have a plug issue

Just my 2 Cents

oh yeah 1 more thing i have never had gas go bad in a year water maybe and it would not be alot unless your tank really swung temperature extremines bad gas ...not

change the plugs and im almost 99.999 % sure your problem will go away spend the money on the NGK's

Guest Johnny Bass

Well I found the NGK's for $4. I told they guy about my problems and the guy wants to buy my boat! :blink:

Just installed the plugs. I also bought the sea foam and will put it in my tank. About 1/3 of the bottle in each 25L tank(I have 2 because I don't like to run out of gas).

I have a 2003 Yamaha 2 Stroke, 3 cylinder 40 H.P engine. It looks like it has a carb, not fuel injection.

If this doesn't work, I will clean out the fuel filter. If that doesn't work I may pay BiteMe a visit!!

Cross your fingers guys. I'm taking it out Saturday!

if your looking for a mechanic try sal up at discount marine 11790 keele st in maple 905-303-1777....just had my impellar done on my 200 he only charged me 130......and turn round time was 24 hrs......others wanted 250 and up....and the wait time was 2 weeks and up.......i didnt have the time or the know how to get into it so i caved......sometimes spending a little has its piece of mind....

just a thought

Doesn't happen to be oil injected does it? My 55 hp Suzuki did the same thing to me once, turned out the oil tank was getting a little low and the oil sensor triggered. Motor still ran but at a very reduced speed. Had to top up the oil tank and push a reset button. Motor ran fine after that.

Well I found the NGK's for $4. I told they guy about my problems and the guy wants to buy my boat! :blink:

Just installed the plugs. I also bought the sea foam and will put it in my tank. About 1/3 of the bottle in each 25L tank(I have 2 because I don't like to run out of gas).

I have a 2003 Yamaha 2 Stroke, 3 cylinder 40 H.P engine. It looks like it has a carb, not fuel injection.

If this doesn't work, I will clean out the fuel filter. If that doesn't work I may pay BiteMe a visit!!

Cross your fingers guys. I'm taking it out Saturday!

I dont know how close to the water you are but i would just do the plugs first drop the boat in the water and check it out use the seafoam as a last resort its a 2003 and if you have never done the plugs i would say it is time

my 30 hp yammy although a bit older was made to run at 100 to 1 mix is this the same for yours it to was a 3 cylinder you might want to check into this

as far as a fuel filter take a picture and go to car quest and match one up they are all the same pretty much and it is cheaper than a marine specialty an impeller can be done in a couple of hours even change the oil in the lower end in that time

Guest Johnny Bass
its to bad to hear your motor is still giving you probs johny......its gotta be the gas man...sounds like the same prob woodro had man...how was fishing this weekend?

I brought it in today. He said it may be the gas pump, Another person said it is the pick up coil.

I changed the spark plugs, put in the sea foam, checked the fuel filter, checked the gas line.... Everything seems to be working and the engine still looks brand spanking new....

The fishing on Friday was great I hooked a lot of decent largies(not my boat). Saturday we fished the Trent and was only able to fish 1k max from the launch. The boat didn't start at all.....Caught alot and I mean alot of dinky smallies and rockbass, some decent ones and some largies.

Hopefully it will be repaired by Saturday. 2 trips have been cut really short as a result....

I brought it in today. He said it may be the gas pump, Another person said it is the pick up coil.

I changed the spark plugs, put in the sea foam, checked the fuel filter, checked the gas line.... Everything seems to be working and the engine still looks brand spanking new....

The fishing on Friday was great I hooked a lot of decent largies(not my boat). Saturday we fished the Trent and was only able to fish 1k max from the launch. The boat didn't start at all.....Caught alot and I mean alot of dinky smallies and rockbass, some decent ones and some largies.

Hopefully it will be repaired by Saturday. 2 trips have been cut really short as a result....

No Pun intended Im in the same Boat, awaiting Parts