What was your 1st Car?

danbo

Studerbaker Hawk....

My first car was a 52 plymouth cambridge 4 door sedan, ( 2 door shown ) followed by a 59 studebaker lark.

1952PlymouthCambridge.jpg

Jeez. Ya brought back a memory. I had one car before the Sprite. A bunch of us in high school pooled our money and bought a '53 Chrysler Something with a Red Ram Hemi in it. It was a very pedestrian sedan with the bottoms of the door posts rusted through. When we went around corners the bottom of the doors splayed out like wings (sorta). The driver's seat was a coke crate (the old wooden ones). We parked it in an alley and we met at the car every morning, drove it to school, then went touring at lunch time and after school. Our folks woulda killed us if they'd found out. Gas was $0.35/gallon then. We'd split on a gallon or two and drive till it was running low. The muffler was shot so we used to wire a metal oil can to the end of the pipe after we'd punched a bunch of holes in it. They usually lasted for a day or so. It sufficed. When the car finally appeared to be on the verge of total collapse we drove it to the town dump one day and abandoned it. Our folks never found out. Life was so much simpler then.

JF

We have a winner!!!!

I knew it'd take an ol' fart to ID it!!!

1961 model... and the right color too!

My dad sold those things. There was an old Speedster sitting in a local junk yard back in the mid 60's, but the old guy who owned it wouldn't sell. Dunno what ever happened to it.

JF

1968 Mustang Fastback 302 4 Barrel with 4 speed. After seeing the movie "Bullit" I had to have one.

Second car was 1970 Boss 429 NASCAR Mustang!! 6 miles to the gallon was the BEST mileage I ever got. Man that one would pass anything .....except a gas staion!!

FT

When I was at university I wanted a car with enough power to lift the front wheels off the pavement when accelerating from start.

Whe I got out of graduate school I realized that there was a problem in getting what I wanted - money.

So I looked at the British Epic at $1995.00. My father came with me shopping and he did not like British cars - at that time people liked American cars. My father would say - "for a little bit more you can get a XXXX." With this kind of logic, I moved up from the Epic and then to the Nova, Nova SS, Chevelle, Chevelle Malibou and then to Cutlass "S".

I finally settled on the 1968 Cutlass Supreme.

I found a PIC online showing exactly what my 1st car looked like - all colors, vinyl roof etc.

The front wheels did not lift off the pavement but it was fast - I love those V8's. Once in a while it felt really good to lay a strip of rubber on the pavement.

carp-starter

1968Cutlass.jpg

I had a 1991 mazda 323, tiny, no a/c , auto with power assisted steering. ugly brown/grey colour. Wish the tranny never went in it because i loved that car! My new car now i bought new, was an 05 sunfire, that i have had nothing but problems with it.

My first car was a 1952 ford 2 door coupe. Good thing my brother taught me how to drive a standard in his Morris Minor before he sold me the ford. Of course I had to pay him for the lessons.

Tom.

73 Maverik Drug it back out of a wreckin' yard ... Only had to rebuild the Carberator every 50 miles ... Rust in the Tank ... Strong car though ! ! then I got a 74 Pinto ! ! ! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Got pulled over and ticketed for 110 Miles Per Hour .... Took it to court and the Judge said ..How did you make a ford pinto go that fast? ..... Dropped the ticket ..LOL... Finally got a real car .. 69 cutlass supreme .. Then Well Then I lost my licence for eight years ... Bought a Bike !

My first car was a 67 Dodge Dart GT. I never drove it legally though. I fixed it up over the summer and sold it. Sorry, no pics. Shortly after I came to my senses, followed the family tradition and became a GM man. I then My first cool car I legally drove was a 1969 Nova SS (high school).I drive a HUGE Buick Roadmaster Wagon now. I must be getting old because I think they're cool now. My last really cool car was my 1969 Camaro. It had a nasty small block in it. It ran low 11's street trim. That was about four or five years ago now. The car I wish I had back is my 1972 Vega GT, mint,straight,black,tubbed, 406 small block. Also ran low 11's street trim. I had this car for about eight or nine years. I miss it. I just found a pic of my 69, just after I sold it (with new paint ... same exact drivetrain, wheels, etc. ... he added a little spray and ran 9.70's with the car).

main.jpg

Edited by kennyman

1966 Dodge Charger- still have the Charger- since '85, my 16 year old son and I are working it back to street shape! Check it out in pic to the left.

thats what im talkin about....

NICE RIDE!! 426??

'69 Camaro Z28, blue with black leather - 350 hp - Borgwarner T10, traction bars and tiny little chrome bumpers ... very high maintenance but a beast on the open road - and it looked almost EXACTLY like this ...

camaro.jpg

Now if TJQ could help me with the embed .... theres a cool utube for ya :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> Edited by camillj

'69 Camaro Z28, blue with black leather - 350 hp - Borgwarner T10, traction bars and tiny little chrome bumpers ... very high maintenance but a beast on the open road - and it looked almost EXACTLY like this ...

Man. I remember when those came out. A couple of my friends got 'em. They were in my NSHO one of the niftiest cars Detroit ever produced. There've been faster, fancier and prettier cars, but the Z28s were just plain cool. They could be drag raced or road raced almost decently right outa the box without spending an arm and a leg. Of course, I was 23 at the time. They may not make such an impression on me now in my doddering decrepit years. I loved those cars. Some of them came box stock with just about the prettiest sounding exhaust outside of a Ferrari.

JF

My best buddies had the cool cars

69 Belair

mid 60s Z28

Duster ( not sure what year )

TR6

But if we were crusin Princess St or Queens University campus ( Kingston in late 70s) it was my car we used most often

1974 VW bug ,orange with two blue front fenders , painted "mags" and snow tires on the rear .

It was really a blast on back roads as it could handle the odd off road excursion.

More for the laugh factor really , 4 big guys all jammed into what was then a small car . The stereo and two four was worth more than the car.

Never had a cool car my self and now.... two mini vans :wallbash:

TB