Lake Scugog Canada Day Report

ccmtcanada

Nice report Cliff as for the bass-pro guy he should have apoligized for hitting the boat, but in the excitement of the weekend with opener some tournys ect may have made him temporarily rude, I deal with all sorts of tourny boats on sturgeon lake all summer long and have never ever run into a rude pro on the water, (it happens i am sure but have never seen it) there always friendly and chatty.

just look at the pros on this board always willing to answer Q's and chat, like slayingm, pete mania. dave mercer are just a few that come to mind

Ernie...I'm sure what happened was just an isolated occurence and I love reading the tips and reports that the pros on this board post. I think it's really cool that pros frequent our board...it speaks volumes to OFC!

For something that I am sure was not intentional, to post a guys pictures and sponsors seems to be way over the top, thats how some of these guys make their livings and for someone to try and cause them harm because their boat swung out on a dock.

And greencoach as always your wisdom and grasp of the english language are great, with 5,867 posts and a 3rd of them telling someone they are an jerk I feel kinda warm all over that you would take the time to grace one of my posts with your time, after all it does say your a FISHING GOD, but like the Woman Bassmaster who a couple of weeks ago wouldnt take the time for you to teach her how to catch fish next to a dam,LOL, I to feel at this time have nothing to learn but if ever the need ariases I will ask, but please stay at your post, so you can inform us all when the next jerk (OTHER THAN ME) shows up, or better yet refer to POST5 of this thread AND TAKE ANOTHER LOOK IN THAT MAGIC MIRROR OF YOURS

For something that I am sure was not intentional, to post a guys pictures and sponsors seems to be way over the top, thats how some of these guys make their livings and for someone to try and cause them harm because their boat swung out on a dock.

And greencoach as always your wisdom and grasp of the english language are great, with 5,867 posts and a 3rd of them telling someone they are an jerk I feel kinda warm all over that you would take the time to grace one of my posts with your time, after all it does say your a FISHING GOD, but like the Woman Bassmaster who a couple of weeks ago wouldnt take the time for you to teach her how to catch fish next to a dam,LOL, I to feel at this time have nothing to learn but if ever the need ariases I will ask, but please stay at your post, so you can inform us all when the next jerk (OTHER THAN ME) shows up, or better yet refer to POST5 of this thread AND TAKE ANOTHER LOOK IN THAT MAGIC MIRROR OF YOURS

You say the sweetest things Tom!!! :wub:

might be a good idea to proof read something like that before questioning someone elses grasp of the language..

Sorry bud, you are way off base. The reason why he is paid by those sponsers is for exposure. The better you do, the more exposure you get, the more money you get. Exposure comes from tourney's AND recreational coverage, the boat launch being a significant part of recreational coverage. When you are wearing your sponsored gear,etc., you better act in the best interest of your sponsor(s). If you act like an jerk off, then you deserve to get called on it. A big part of making that living is putting yourself out there for all to see (as it were) - behave accordingly. If he came over and apologized and was nice, like any decent angler would do, this post wouldn't be here, now would it? Your argument is nonsense.

Edited by Puckhead

Sorry bud, you are way off base. The reason why he is paid by those sponsers is for exposure. The better you do, the more exposure you get, the more money you get. Exposure comes from tourney's AND recreational coverage, the boat launch being a significant part of recreational coverage. When you are wearing your sponsored gear,etc., you better act in the best interest of your sponsor(s). If you act like an jerk off, then you deserve to get called on it. A big part of making that living is putting yourself out there for all to see (as it were) - behave accordingly. If he came over and apologized and was nice, like any decent angler would do, this post wouldn't be here, now would it? Your argument is nonsense.

:thumbsup_anim::clapping::thumbsup_anim:

Puckhead I am still not sure where this guy did someone so much harm that he should be roasted on a public form, but I guess your right because he is a pro he some how gave up his right to make human errors, and the way I read the original post it wasnt the boat owner who made the comment that seemed to have bothered the ones making the post.

So I apologize for seeing this from the pros side, and as many of the others I fish with and against we will wait patentialy well others that dont launch as often as we do fumble around and back in the launch 7 or 8 times and ram our boats because their not sure how to stop the boat from going forward, untie their boats while at the ramp rather than before they get to the ramp, and do this full well knowing that if we make the same human errors and momantary lapses in judgement and dont say what people want us to say we run the risk of being ridiculed on public forms such as this one by folks that have all the right answers and know all the right things to do, but I sure hope pros can see past all this and still put up prize packages and take the time to speak to people at launches.

I am done, nothing more can come of my time on OFC.

And if the spelling isnt right, thats why I dont teach spelling in school

P.S. the guy was there for the Fish T.V. Celebrity Show down which is a fantastic event for kids to come down and see their favorite sports stars and get autographs and such, but hey shame on Darrin for coming all the way to help out and for getting in the way.

And ya greencoach you win I will not post on OFC again and I hope others follow suite, and the good folks here like the way you treat people, because I know of no PRO that would disrespect people near as much as you do, but hey they seem to like that you rarely have any thing positive to say

Edited by TOM C

Just wanna put in my 2 cents. If someone bumps into you or something that belongs to you, possibly causing damage, and not apologizing, they are being an excellent person. Not saying I've never done it, but thats just how it is. If you wanna dispute that, you must like to argue. Seems like most ppl on this board like arguing about something, why can't we all get along.

Well, it looks like ya's had a good day Cliff and Carole. The Unbrella is a great tool to keep the kids comfy....it works great!!

The more times you launch, the more you learn. Sometimes stuff happens...don't let it get to ya.....life goes on!

Sinker

wow...second from the top when you put it in google. I have fished with quite a few tourney pro's both from the US and Canada. Every one of them has gone out their way to be helpful. I'm sure even Darrin is a nice guy, must have just been an off day. However that doesn't excuse the fact that he didn't secure his boat properly.

Thats a nice way to spend Canada fer sure!

Decent bass to boot, and I bet she was a blast to haul out of the Bog...all that weed makes for some great Bulldog'n eh?

As for the Pro element to all this...Who cares?

An :asshat: is an :asshat:, it don't matter how many stripes he has, or what color they are.

If the :asshat: is willing to put his name on his boat that is his own liability put out there on a plate for all to see.

If he's gonna be rude, well....We reap what we sew folks.

Perhaps if he catches wind of this little skermish then maybe he'll pop in and say sorry, or at the very least he'll think twice about his conduct out there next time....heck even I learned somthing by this!

I'll make sure to NEVER put my name on my boat :lol:

I'm absolutely certain that this is not the direction that Cliff and Carole wanted this thread to go when they posted their Canada Day report so we'll lock it, perhaps saving a few more from embarrassment.