Your favourite quote.. (NF/FR)

highdrifter

Dang network is down... Blasted Citrix! Before I go on an extended fishing related lunch break, I thought I'd share some words of wisdom..

Plus I'm bored silly.. Some entertainment would be groovy!

One of my favourite quotes is actually from one of my favourite authors.

"Dreams do come true. Withought that possibility, nature would not encite us to have them."

John Updike

cheers!

HD

My favorites,

"Today we say that Greeks fight like heroes, from now on we will say that heroes fight like Greeks."

Prime Minister Winston Churchill

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Winston Churchill

"It concerns us to know the purpose we seek in life, for then, like archers aiming at a definitive mark, we shall be more likely to attain what we want." -Aristotle

"If you live according to nature, you will never be poor; but if according to opinions, you will never be rich. Nature demands little, opinion a great deal." - Epicurus

All things are connected

Whatever befalls the earth

Befalls the sons of earth

Man did not weave the web of life

He is merely a strand in it

Whatever he does to the web

He does to himself

"Chief Seattle"

Bushart

Homer: Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.

Chief Wiggum: I hope this has taught you kids a lesson: kids never learn.

Chief Wiggum: Can't you people take the law into your own hands? I mean, we can't be policing the entire city!

"Why do I have to be an example for your kid? You be an example for your own kid." Bob Gibson

"Do you best and forget the consequences." - Walt Alston

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

"By the time you know what to do, you're too old to do it."

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter." - Satchel Paige

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.

Mark Twain

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, It's what we know for sure that just aint so"

Mark Twain

"Apocalyptic eschaotology is world-negation stressing imminent divine intervention: we wait for God to act;

Sapiental eschatology is world-negation emphasizing immediate divine intervention: God waits for us to act. "

The last one isnt a quote.

Actually I don't remember being born, it must have happened during one of my black outs.

Jim Morrison

There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors.

Jim Morrison

Edited by urbanangler