My first father/son fishing trip!

mepps

My son Ash is now 9 months old. He loves playing with my fishing equipment lying around the house and I've donated a couple of old reels to his toy box for him to play with. The weather here in Nova Scotia has been very inconsistent, but recently has warmed up quite a bit. After waking up to a nice sunny day, I decided this was the prefect day to have father son fishing trip.

We headed to the a nearby lake that is stocked regularly with trout. It happens to be the closest lake to Halifax, and is on a bus route, so needless to say it receives heavy fishing pressure. Early visits to the lake in April resulted in a severe skunking, but recently we have been catching smallmouth bass constantly - all under 11 inches long .

We didn't fish long because Ash got upset everytime I let a fish go, but I managed a few nice little bass.

clive-ash-fishing-1.jpg

clive-ash-fishing-2.jpg

clive-ash-fishing-3.jpg

Excellent :thumbsup_anim: Great pics :clapping:

I gave my daughter an ultra-light spinning reel when she was two. It was attached to a ice-fishing rod with a hookless rubber frog tied on. She would cast it around the house and get our pet rat to chase it on the floor. Gotta keep it fun.

right on that's excellent, my kids have all been boating and around fishing since weeks old, it's a great way to share time with the family....although maybe ya better not give the wife too many ideas...if she sees you make it too easy to sling the boy over your shoulder and go fishin you will never get out without the kids fishing anymore :P

awesome pics

The newest Team Fury member has a definite interest in fish. I predict he'll deplete your lures faster than you can make them!

BTW, it looks like he'll tan as easily as you and Gillian :rolleyes: