My Goodness Finally. I Broke The Curse

nautifish

Decided to stay home this morning get a little done round the house catch getting hooked on OLN with my cuppa cha & all that before i headed out.

11.30am came everything done got the truck loaded up and off i went.........Went to one of my favorite spots was not there long when i pulled in this little beauty.

1stfishof2007.jpg

finally.jpg

& lemme tell you i was so damn happy when i landed this guy........A local couple were walking by with there dog and looking at me like i was crazy i was so overjoyed i finally caught my 1st fish of 2007 and a pike to boot. :D

So changed my lure started to cast again got another hit which was another pike but i lost it..... :( But i was pumped i had caught a pike so missing the second hit so did not really matter. An hr passes so i decided to change lures yet again amd move to another spot when i caught this little bass.....No monster but with all the skunks i have had just latley hell i did not care.....Was still a little beauty.

nicelittlebass.jpg

Seen a few fish being pulled in today from perch to bass and my one pike.......I did see one guy pull in a beauty bass and kept a close eye on him to make sure he released it which he did.

So in all a great afternoon out by the water. I am so bloody chuffed you have no idea......lol....... :D

Edited by nautifish

WTG nautifish if your curse is broken then mine is about to go too!! :D Nice pike there too. Congrats!!

Nothing like a successful trip out after being skunked for so long. :D

Thanks for the heads up!!

dsn :thumbsup_anim:

Good luck DSN..... :thumbsup_anim:

Clampet no fish to clean.....I am a catch & release kinda gal unless of course its a perch. :D

As for excited if you had of seen me you would have thought i had won a million on the lottery....lol :D:Gonefishing:

Edited by nautifish

lol sean trust me one thing i will never ever lose is my fishing fever & thanx so much both of you.

Joey lol grl

really i am like still pumped over this afternoons fishing......If only every day could be like today.........And the 1st week of january no ice around and mild outside.......Crazy!

Setomonkey thankyou........It sure does feel good to finally have caught one after what seems a lifetime.....lol...

LOL Greencoach you aint kiddin it was about time....lol....& THANX.

SNAG I was way more than happy.....lol......

CCMT Thats awesome........Well done :thumbsup_anim: now i am itching to get back out again hopefully for a few hrs tommorow time permitting......... :D

lol tjsa Hey i caught some fish today thats all i care.....lol....... :D

Excellent nauti.

Always look forward to reading your posts.

Those fish better be careful with you around. :lol:

Keep the posts and pics coming.

Those fish better be careful with you around. :lol:

HA!!! YEAH I WISH........LOL

HF Thanx so much....& how come you have not yet got ur line wet?

Congrats on the first fish of the year. From hearing all those stories before you fishing with a pikerel rig, was wondering if you caught the pike on the pikerel rig? <_<

Nope xwrap not today however i have caught a landed a pike on a pickeral rig before. As well as two lrg carp...Now that was really fun....lol :Gonefishing::D

One time at Port Maitland me and my cousin were perch fishing and he put his rod down to get a drink and i warned him not to because the fishing was super hot at the time and he told me not to worry because there perch can't pull i tin so 2 seconds later his brand new rod goes into the water and he was pissed. Couple mintues later some angler beside us seen it floating and started catsing at it and got it back. So he reeled in the line and at the end of the line were two big sheephead. :lol: What a fun day that was :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by xrap

One time at Port Maitland me and my cousin were perch fishing and he put his rod down to get a drink and i warned him not to because the fishing was super hot at the time and he told me not to worry because there perch can't pull i tin so 2 seconds later his brand new rod goes into the water and he was pissed. Couple mintues later some angler beside us seen it floating and started catsing at it and got it back. So he reeled in the line and at the end of the line were two big sheephead. :lol: What a fun day that was :thumbsup_anim:

lol xwrap..Sounds like fun.

.I actually have the video of the two carp i caught with the pickeral rig on video. If you wanna see it pm me and i shall send you the link.

Thanx Danc Thats a real bummer you wont be fishing till may.

Good luck with the course. :thumbsup_anim:

Nice to see your efforts paid off. It sure is unusual this time of year to see all the fishing posts with pictures of fishing open water.

Thanx Gary.

Allthough this will be our second yr in a row with no ice in our neck of the woods. I agree it is unusual to see so many fishing posts of fishing in open water But it is great also.....I am lust Lurving it.....lol :Gonefishing::D

Congrats.Nice little gator! I'm jealous as hell. I was skunked my last couple times out too so I know exactly how you felt. I would be pumped catching that guy too. Then two seconds later I'd be looking for more. It's funny, instead of being satisfied, I think catching them makes you even crazier for more.