Lakers On The Bar(pics)

woodro

sorry for the late report but better late then never i guess. My dad and i headed out last monday for some action in the mighty Niagara, the river turned out to be a wash, visibility was less then ideal so we decided to land a couple wet socks instead :D and it was worth it to land a couple nice fish. All were taken and released off three way rigs and 3-4 inch shinners or roe.

med_gallery_162_65_30892.jpg

gallery_162_65_12256.jpg

gallery_162_65_32865.jpg

med_gallery_162_65_954.jpg

oh ya i forgot to mention the winds. They were insane out there, i would not recomend fishing the bar in a small boat when the winds are howling. the swell that's created from the current of the river and wind coming against it is extremely dangerous, 5-6ft swells from all angles cant be fun for anyone :dunno::blink:

Edited by woodro

Irish- gotta love this weather!!! since there's no snow or ice for sledding i figure id keep the rig out of hibernation for a little longer. This week im planning a couple more trips since i have it off work and im finished my degree :) im going to take advantage of whatever weather comes our way

Smokey- there were a couple other boats fishing the bar with us, but we were all being tossed around from the wind and waves. A couple smaller boats tried the bar for a bit but had to turn back into the river because the swell was WAYYY to big,. it was super dangerous out there if you were in the wrong spot