Outdoors Card______Stupidly Designed?

EC1

Ok, so ive just received my outdoors card for the 2008-2010 fishing years, and before that i was just using the temporary. Upon receiving it, i look at it, nothing looks different. But when you look at the back, it just says Fishing 3 year licence....

This is easily going to affect people that dont go fishing very often as they will not remember the year that they bought it if they bought a 3 year?

AND PLUS, How are CO's going to check what year your card is? and how long it's going to last?

Just a little rant.

-ec

Guest lundboy
Ok, so ive just received my outdoors card for the 2008-2010 fishing years, and before that i was just using the temporary. Upon receiving it, i look at it, nothing looks different. But when you look at the back, it just says Fishing 3 year licence....

This is easily going to affect people that dont go fishing very often as they will not remember the year that they bought it if they bought a 3 year?

AND PLUS, How are CO's going to check what year your card is? and how long it's going to last?

Just a little rant.

-ec

Hmmm... last 2 digits on front of card shows expiry date

Some COs also have mag stripe readers

The expiry date is in the front.

But I do find a problem with the picure. It is a PIC of a bass - the same bass as for the previous 3 years.

Could they not have shown a different PIC as in previous years?

They must be hard up for money even though we the fishers pay for our card. They must have had a good supply of the "bass" cards. I wonder if some jackass ordered too many by an error. Or perhaps fewer fishers are renewing.

McDinks goverment is a pathetic group of twits - only 3 more years in power - I hope.

carp-starter

But I do find a problem with the picure. It is a PIC of a bass - the same bass as for the previous 3 years.

They must be hard up for money even though we the fishers pay for our card. They must have had a good supply of the "bass" cards. I wonder if some jackass ordered too many by an error. Or perhaps fewer fishers are renewing.

McDinks goverment is a pathetic group of twits - only 3 more years in power - I hope.

carp-starter

Do you have an eyeball in ypour pants, my fish/hunt card could be pink with purple polka dots for all I care, it rides in my wallet until the CO asks for it. It would be even cheaper to have it from a plain colour plastic, no graphics involved. :wallbash:

carp-starter

Who cares what the pattern is? Maybe it was more economical to get the same print...who knows but a government change isn't about to cause the change or that card; most of those decisions are made by non-elected public servants.

What gets me is that the card expires after 3 years because some of the magnetic strips will fail after that amount of time. Put a bar code on those cards.

forrest

Ok sometimes government stuffs can indeed be stupid....

But in this case.... seriously... there's the expire date/year right on the front of the card..... & who cares about the pattern of the card..... & there's magnetic strips on credit card, debit card, health card, driver license too.... even with debit card that we maybe using for multiple times each day, it can easily last more than 3 years, while the outdoor card may never be used even once in 3 years if you'r lucky. Much to do about nothing?!

oh good, i was looking in the back where we used to have the stickers....and it just says 3 years there.

well, good thing thats solved.

and that card does need to get changed, now that i dont need stickers on it, i dont want the slots for stickers...

Don't get me started on the outdoors card. Instead of complaining about how it looks, how about some complaints about its purpose? Does it even have one? It's a license to buy a license. Nothing more. The silliest cash grab that I've ever seen.

Don't get me started on the outdoors card. Instead of complaining about how it looks, how about some complaints about its purpose? Does it even have one? It's a license to buy a license. Nothing more. The silliest cash grab that I've ever seen.

Amen Dan C

I'm still using the old card with the stickers. I find it a nuisance to renew it every year, especially being from Quebec. We always have to make an extra stop on our first trip of the year. I am looking forward to renewing by mail this year for 3 years, when the old card expires. As far as cash grabs, we have grown accustom to it in Quebec.

We are still using the paper licenses in Quebec, valid April 1 - March 31. I like it beause we can fish all summer and winter without having to renew.