--- Gas $1.36 / Liter ---

Clampet

wrong word crooks, its never enough.

They have made enough money in 4 months this year to last them for 50 generations, why do u feel the need to make more, isnt that enough????

Read in the news yesterday, some lady was arrested down south i think for setting couple of gas stations on fire.

She said she was trying to do something about gas prices so she set gas pumps on fire LOL.

Suprised not more people are doing it, or doing anything really.

Yeah, I saw some news clip about some guy preaching the virtues of "Hypermiling", a manner of driving which consists of gentle accelaration, planned coasting and other things designed to squeeze the maximum of distance from a tank of fuel.

I saw that as well. Most of what they were saying was Bull i think. They don't take into consideration the repairs for excessive starting at every light after you shut it off etc.

The guy said "You can buy a thingy to plug into the thing that the mechanics use to fix cars that tells you your mileage" I turned it off after that!

Edited by Dan Bouck

im not suprised you are.

In a simple form.

A guy who is using the lightfoot method to save gas and what ever methods he can come up with is the same guy that is more in likely throwing his money out the window on butts,booze and fast food!

Get the point yet?

Or want it in picture form? :P

Edited by MoiraRiverMan

im not suprised you are.

In a simple form.

A guy who is using the lightfoot method to save gas and what ever methods he can come up with is the same guy that is more in likely throwing his money out the window on butts,booze and fast food!

Get the point yet?

Or want it in picture form? :P

You deserve one of these :asshat:

So a guy who likes to save money on gas must drink, smoke and eat fast food. That's a new one!

Please in the future if you would like to insult me keep it in PM format.

http://www.hypermiling.com/

Ill tell ya what though...... usually when I go up to my camp, I'm travelling at 105-115. It takes me 3/4 of a tank to get there. the last couple of times, theres been no rush to get there, i set the cruise control at 90 and when I get there Ive use a very little more than half a tank. I figure if i can keep the lead outta my foot, over the sumer, i will get one if not two extra trips to camp on the same dough...

they are not kidding when they say you can save fuel if ya just slow down a bit.

still stings everytime I fill up the truck...

http://www.hypermiling.com/

Ill tell ya what though...... usually when I go up to my camp, I'm travelling at 105-115. It takes me 3/4 of a tank to get there. the last couple of times, theres been no rush to get there, i set the cruise control at 90 and when I get there Ive use a very little more than half a tank. I figure if i can keep the lead outta my foot, over the sumer, i will get one if not two extra trips to camp on the same dough...

they are not kidding when they say you can save fuel if ya just slow down a bit.

still stings everytime I fill up the truck...

In my suburban setting the cruise at 90k makes a huge difference. I can make it to Espanola using a 1/4 tank.

EDIT: Great Link T.J.

Edited by Dan Bouck

here in the Fort its been $1.30 for the past month or so... I came out here last May and paid EXACTLY $1.13 a liter for about 7 months and then in feb things started to creap up...believe me those of you who are still back south got a break for a while. We all are gonna have to pay the price untill that water fueled car becomes a reality...and that IS truely the reality of it :wallbash:

Its gonna cost me a lot this fall to hunt!!!! There is a LOT of bush roads out here.

I cleaned out my truck today and found a receipt from Feb/08....gas was $ .98.9.....I am not paying as much as you guys up north for fuelbut it was 1.27 today, thats a huge money....cost me almost $20 more to fill...LOL. Oh well, I started getting out my bike and now bike to places which are only a 5-10 minute drive, it just takes 30 minutes now...LOL. I just drive my truck when I go to work and thats it now. Maybe I will save enough over the summer to leave town on a recreational tour...LOL. But I wouldn't trade my truck in for anything!

I can only speak for myself and maybe a few others...but for sure cutting back and planning for rough roads ahead is definitely a wise way of thinking..."prepare yourself".

I am the sole controller of my finances...I know everything...and therefore I know where I can squeeze..but honestly...with the price of oil up, everything else is following...just look at food prices...some of the specials you see now...are great...but when they return from special, you can bet the price will have increased....I just know this because of the work I do and that's all that has to be said.

Yep...some pretty good sized bumps coming!!! Yet one must think even further and see brighter times too....I am visioning a promotion for myself.....

Sink or Swim...I prefer to Swim.

LOL nice, walk to work and save all your gas money for fishing trips. The gas issues are one of the reasons i am getting out of Factory Work and gonna go into a career that is very stable and does not have Lay- offs like Factories do, and of course pays better, LOL!

Edited by charlied

I'm working from home now a lot more than I have been and I can't believe (nor can my manager) how much more productive I am and I'm saving a crap load of money by not using my F-150 traveling to the office and back everyday!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Gas prices will affect everything....I just had a tandem load of logs dropped off at the house so I can starting cuttin and splittin firewood for next year :canadian: ....price went up from $850 - $900 (21 face cords or 7 bush cords) because of the price of diesel .....but I'm still ahead compared to what the heating oil costs are!!.... :clapping: