--- Gas $1.36 / Liter ---

Clampet

Guys,

You've got it lucky. Over here in the UK normal unleaded petrol (gas) costs 1.15 British Pounds per litre, which at the current exchange rate ($2 = 1 GBP) equals $2.30 per litre!! While there might be some difference in salaries over here I'm certainly not paid twice what I was when I worked in Toronto doing the same job so in comparison we've got it much worse than you guys! I believe of tax we pay on petrol over here is about 70% of the cost.

Just spare us a thought next time you fill up at your price!

Cheers

Edited by OO7

Guys,

You've got it lucky. Over here in the UK normal unleaded petrol (gas) costs 1.15 British Pounds per litre, which at the current exchange rate ($2 = 1 GBP) equals $2.30 per litre!! While there might be some difference in salaries over here I'm certainly not paid twice what I was when I worked in Toronto doing the same job so in comparison we've got it much worse than you guys! I believe of tax we pay on petrol over here is about 70% of the cost.

Just spare us a thought next time you fill up at your price!

Cheers

You'll be in my thoughts next time you guys Riot, that's the only way government would listen. There are some thinkers up here in Sask that want a board of inquiry on why prices are up. The excuses of more consumption by China, or Low oil stocks do not justify the prices. The stock exchanges are jumping prices up on assumptions. Again no justification. Unlike you guys in Europe, we Canadians travel long distances to work as we are mostly Rural Nation. So if anybody says it could be worse, look at Europe, they deserve, well Ill be nice. One last thing, oil comes out of our ground, changes hands outside our country, then comes back to our pumps, to rob us again.

Edited by holdfast