Changes at BPS -Vaughn Mills?

Rattletrap2

I finally made it over to BPS yesterday after a looong absence.

Some strange things I noticed:

1) The two big Largemouth Bass are missing from the tank. Even some of the others looked ill. Too many Carp in there in my opinion.

2) They decided to get rid of their Golf department ( no loss to me! LOL), replace it with a bicycle department, and now that is on it's way out too!

3) There were hardly any boats in stock! There were a few used ones out by the ponds, but hardly any stock of new boats. No trackers really to speak of at all. Is something up with this?

4) There were no ATV's to speak of. A couple of Cub Cadet buggies was all.

Just seemed kind of odd to me....and wondered if Roger or anyone had any insight.

Thanks!

I'm in on Saturday, I'll check it out.

Saw the big bass in there a few weeks ago.

Also got an email this week that there a pile of new Musky Lures (MuskyMania Spinners, Pearson Grinders) and Lucky Craft Rick Clunn Wake Action Crankbaits along with a few others. That's just great! There goes another paycheck!! :blush::blush:

Edited by BPSBASSMAN

The last time I checked, I saw one of the big bass still swimming around in there. Not sure what happened to the other one.

As for the boats, the sales were off the charts within the last few months. The waiting list to get a new boat, of certain models, is several weeks. I know this since I'm on the waiting list for the Targa.

Personally, I'm a big BPS fan... I've said it before... when your from a small town and my only real tackle supplier is one half of the aisle at CT, BPS is like a wonderland. Prices are good, but for me its the stuff I cant find up here, and the fact that theres new stuff Ive never seen before.

I am going there this afternoon:

The last 2 trips I made were wide apart and I noticed a couple of the same things:

1) the fish looked pale and not as big, they were certainly changed out.

2) the boat department had fewer boats and the sales guy was resorting to unfavorable sales practices (by my standards). So boat sales must not have been going so well.

forrest

Hey Rattletrap, just a little followup.

Evidently , the largemouth are currently in quarantine. Like I've said before, a biologist is constantly checking conditions and if anything doesn't seem right, fish are put into quarantine. I will monitor this one.

Boat Sales have been excellent, they're selling out and everything at the factory is on backorder (see smbhunter's comments).

ATV's have sold out and are awaiting 2009 models.

Hope this helps.

I always wanted to comment on the fish bowl there. I have found the fish in the "TANK" are either fungused or well over induldged"fed". Have you seen the bellies on some of those bows? The only ones that seem to be healthy ,are the crappie and small mouth???????

Just my observation.

I always wanted to comment on the fish bowl there. I have found the fish in the "TANK" are either fungused or well over induldged"fed". Have you seen the bellies on some of those bows? The only ones that seem to be healthy ,are the crappie and small mouth???????

Just my observation.

I agree drian the tank! I would also like to see a decent section for trollers. The GTA has world class Salmon fishing at it's door step but you would not know it by going to BPS!!!