Can Ya Top This For SUPER Service?

Photoz

:thumbsup_anim:As most of you likely recall, a few weeks ago I bought a metal detector from Canadian Tire, after getting chased from one store to another, because of sloppy stock-keeping. THEN, when I DID get what I just assumed was what was advertised, I found out what I actually had was OLD stock, a discontinued model, which should have been sent back to the manufacturer. I went back, spoke to the Manager of the store where I bought it, and requested what they had listed on their Web site, be given to me in an equal exchange. They didn't have it, so they refunded my money, no hassles at all. Then I started calling stores that listed the product I wanted . . . out of 8 stores, there were at least 20 detectors showed 'in stock,' but NONE were to be found! But . . . to cut to the chase, after sending 3 letters to Customer service, and only getting computer generated generic replies, I FINALLY ordered it off e-Bay . . . $102.00 cheaper, shipping, handling & taxes in! Then I got a very apologetic call from CTC Customer Service, offering to deliver the detector to my home!! I politely declined & told the lady why. Then today, ANOTHER apology, in writing & a $50.00 gift card . . . I was speechless, as I certainly NEVER expected that!! I'll have to say though, in all fairness, ANY time I've EVER had a problem with CTC, it's ALWAYS been straightened out to my satisfaction! BRAVO CTC!!

med_gallery_77_129_42937.jpg

Good fer you, Photoz.

I am glad that CT came thry the way they did, I beleive in their store as well.

Strange thing, I was going to post a topic todat asking you specifically how the treasure hunting was coming along, and well I guess you answered that fer me - $50.00!!

im surprised.i bought an ice auger from can tire a few yrs ago used it once and the screws fell out and the blade came off i couldnt find the screws so i decided to take it back.seeing how it was less than a week old and i still had a reciept.they told me i would have to wait till they ordered new screws i asked if they could take the screws from a shelf model so i could still use mine they wouldnt, told me i would have to wait.i left angry went to the hardware store and fixed it myself.in my opinion ctc has the worst costomer service ever i now go out of my way to shop else where this was not the first time they screwed me.so my hats off to u for getting something from those stingy buggers.

People make the mistake and complain to the store. That's the wrong place to do so. Call the toll free customer service number....9 times out of 10 they'll do something for you...

......but you didn't hear that from me.....LOL.

I've been pleased with CTC's marketing strategy the past few years. They have some great deals every week in their flier. Although I did give them my phone # once for a rain check on an item and never heard back from them. I find myself going there every other weekend or so.

......but you didn't hear that from me.....LOL.

HAHA.

The words out now Cliff! Cliff told us to call you because... :)

CTC is like a 50/50 draw for me so I take it with a grain of salt (so to say and I'm not talking about bait).

I have had many a CTC only branded tool that has broken and I have a warranty replacement ratio of 20%. Yet I still look at the CTC flyer every week looking for a deal, go figure...

Good on ya for getting something back!

I think a lot of it depends on the individual store and even who you are dealing with. When I lived in Milton, the CTC store there was really bad to deal with, long line ups at the cash, poor selection, and staff that really didn't care. After that store changed hands things really turned atound.

Here in Lindsay you couldn't ask for better customer service and they usually have an excellent selection, staff seem to understand the importance of customer satisfaction, and I have never had a problem returning an item when I have needed to.

When ever I have needed help with anything I have always been very pleased with the response.

Glad to hear that everything worked out well for you Steve, I have been meaning to ask how your treasure hunting was going!

Good to hear everything turned out OK for ya Steve.

I've also been a regular at CTC for more years than I can remember, infact all the way back to the days when they used to cruise around the old Yonge store on roller skates and your purchase was shipped up from the basement on a conveyor belt........ah yes, the good ole days :lol:

I think they've lasted that long because of the great customer service they always provide, at least with most of the dealings I've had with them over the years.

Couple years back, I purchased an item for $250, then FOUR MONTHS later it went on sale for $50 off, so I figured I'd give it a shot and took my bill to the store along with the sale flyer and the lady at the service counter never even hesitated, just said absolutely Sir, and handed me $50 + tax and sent me on my way :thumbsup_anim:

Alot of stores today wouldn't even consider a refund after 4 months.