Your guests attack you on the fishing boat, what do you do?

Burgerdude

What I find a little funny is you asked what you should do if this happens again.

I think once in a lifetime is strange enough.

I can only hope it happened once in a lifetime, I just would like to know what your rights are as a captain and or individual in this type of situation.

I would recommend calling the police.... if it ever happened again.

I am still getting reprecussions from the incident though and the attacker actually asked me to fight him. I told him I had no reason to fight him.

I don't think he really understands that he was in the wrong at all. I also cannot identify the person other than his first name if it even is his first name.

No idea where he lives other than the general area. It just happened to be a coinsidence that I ran itno him last weekend. I did not drive up with my tow vehicle or I might have been in a similar situation.

No Offence Gerrit...

But like you, there are times where I'd welcome the chance to put YOUR size 13 boots to work but in this case.....

I think I'd really put this to rest and rather sense that something doesnt really ad up here at all.

Believe me Gerritt...Ive seen a mite more then you Bud..however my first reaction would be something like your'N

Burger guy.......something you aint telling us bud?????

If your straight up......

You best start choosing your passengers a lil better to be sure....or the company you keep.

Sounds like everyone was on serious drugs to me.......

If not..

Then a medical situation at least....WOW..that was insane

Everyone is supposed to be grown past them stages.

I do appreciate all these replies I am suprized to see that so many actually watch these posts so closely. I do appreciate all the help.

How do I adress the fact that those two think they "RUN" the river?

You can either shoot him now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHAFx2uVdKc...feature=related

Or find another body of water to fish.

Was one of them Female. Were they both male? Something wierd about your story. Did you not pick up any vibes during any conversations. Im with Gerrit, if not now, then later for payback. As far as Cops are concerned, your word against theirs. Next time someone grabs your neck for nothing. THROAT PUNCH HIM

just kidding call the cops.

Was one of them Female. Were they both male? Something wierd about your story. Did you not pick up any vibes during any conversations. Im with Gerrit, if not now, then later for payback. As far as Cops are concerned, your word against theirs. Next time someone grabs your neck for nothing. THROAT PUNCH HIM

just kidding call the cops.

Everyone aboard is male. I do understand that it would be my word against theirs. I did not pick up any vibes during the conversation until the last 20 feet of the trip, The river had pushed the boat slightly downstream from the dock and struggling to get it back up stream seemed to start the uproar. The electric trolling motor was a 36 volt minn-kota terrova and had been running for quite a while, apparently the current was a bit stronger near the dock then it had been all the way down the river.

Pretty funny you post that particular Youtube flick, You may have apoint though.

I do have a much better fishing rig than either of these two could ever dream of owning.

It could have been extreme jealousy on their part.

Could it have been that my electric trolling motor with auto pilot and co-pilot actually got these two angry enough to consider physical violence?

Would you advise I just return to my old motorguide trolling motor that hafd a big click when it runs and only had high speed?

Obviously there is some truth in the humor you presented or you would not have presented it.

Thank you for considering that angle.

I would expect proper behavior from a guest, client, ect., including a fishing buddy, hands on me means walk the plank dude. Yelling, screaming at me? you don`t know your place dude, but this ain`t it!.

A numbers question for police, 2 dudes telling one story, you with another, unless you have evidence?

So let me get this straight. You picked up some guy who "owns the river" for a joy ride and that ride seemed to go bad. I guess that happens when one cruises for strangers in the woods.

After reviewing a number of your posts, I am not surprised they did not throw you out of the boat, throw you a rope and tow you to shore. Had to be said. Now I am going fishing for 4 days and will try to avoid drunk captains who pick up strange men and offer them boat rides for kicks.

So let me get this straight. You picked up some guy who "owns the river" for a joy ride and that ride seemed to go bad. I guess that happens when one cruises for strangers in the woods.

After reviewing a number of your posts, I am not surprised they did not throw you out of the boat, throw you a rope and tow you to shore. Had to be said. Now I am going fishing for 4 days and will try to avoid drunk captains who pick up strange men and offer them boat rides for kicks.

Nice try! I was not drinking, one of the guests was a neighbor. They did not seem drunk when they left the dock. Thank you for making itr evident that you practice "Flaming" new members

Read the posts again you missed several points. Thank you for your comments

Happy fishing and good luck!

I'm afraid I have to admit to being a bit confused .......

You take a couple guys out for a boat ride somewhere and for no apparent reason the beat you up, so rather than going straight to the police to file a complaint, you join a fishing website and tell your tale to a bunch of total strangers :dunno:

I'm afraid I have to admit to being a bit confused .......

You take a couple guys out for a boat ride somewhere and for no apparent reason the beat you up, so rather than going straight to the police to file a complaint, you join a fishing website and tell your tale to a bunch of total strangers :dunno:

Exactly

Something doesn't add up here.

Lew how many hours do you think youv'e logged behind the helm? ever had anyone choke ya :rolleyes:

They were paying you, correct?

No I was not being paid in any way shape or form, I had pulled up to the nearest adjacent property to where i store the boat. The dock owners are very good friends of mine and I am very welcome to use the dock. The neighbor that asked for the ride lives more inland and up the road. I was asked if I would take them up stream a bit.

I am asking the opinion of other boaters here. The general discussion area. I am not asking for "flaming" at all. Please stop doing so. Johnnybass the flaming statement was not directed towards you.

Good question though.