Hi all, Im new here

limeyangler

Hi all i'm new here, signed up while still in England and moved here a year ago, totally forgot about this place...great site btw. I am a complete fishing addict, and have moved here to be on Lake Wabigoon and enjoy the great outdoors. I fish every day if possible....ice fishing or open wter ...all good to me.

here's what i was upto today. lake it looked so perfect i just had to grab the rods and have a cast.

HOW COULD I RESIST?

1112.jpg

1211.jpg

1312.jpg

As you can see the water was mirror flat for the first half hour. What i have found is that i usually catch a few fish when its calm but as soon as the wind puts a bit of chop on the water the action starts. This morning was no different. I had a few bites from walleye and caught a few small pike while it was calm (could not hook the walleye well enough to land so sharpened my hooks). As soon as the sun had pulled above the horizon the wind started to pick up.....as soon as this happened the loons showed up to feed...always a good sign in my experience

THIS GUY WAS HAVING A LITTLE TROUBLE GETTING THE BAITFISH DOWN>>>AMUSING TO SEE A LOON DRY HEAVING

1511.jpg

I did not have to wait long after the Loons arrived for the action to start. I had started off using a single floating jig with a sliding sinker set up, but changed over to slip bobber and 1/8 Oz chartreuse jig and minnow fished at 4' deep as I'd have had a lot of success in the last week with that. The first Pike was a decent size and put up a good fight, then i got a small walleye followed by a keeper. I had 2 small pike hit on the retrieve right at my feet before my wife showed up after her night shift, just in time to video the biggest pike of the morning.

1ST NICE PIKE

th_MVI_0703.jpg

1610.jpg

ONE FOR THE POT

2010.jpg

2ND BIGGER PIKE

1710.jpg

After that last pike i called it quits and headed to the house with the intentions to sort out a few bits and bobs in the house. I was having breakfast with my wife when i see Dave in his boat pulling up at our dock, my wife gave me the nod and Dave and i took off on Wabigoon. We spent hours on the lake, got totally soaked and caught about 3 tiny sauger and walleye, not much bigger than the minnows they attacked. We had planned to kill the eyes and my wife was expecting a walleye supper, so when Dave took off i went back to my floating jig set up and within 30 minutes had 3 more walleye large enough to eat to add to my earlier one....that will keep the missus happy! Its exactly like last year, before the water warms up my best fishing is to be had in front of the house from shore....that's pretty good ...CONSIDERING THE PRICE OF PETROL!!!!!

GOT OUR WALLEYE SUPPER!

2111.jpg

Thanks for the welcome guys! Lol nanook...petrol is that stuff they were charging me twice as much for as they do here :thumbsup_anim: Nauti.....i was living in Devon in England...great seafishing!

Ahhhh Devon , Absolutley beautiful part of the country, allmost as beautiful as Yorkshire but not quite. :P ...lol ;)

LOL...i think they are equally beautiful, both have nice moorland too. We say OOOOOOHHHHAAARRRGH.....you say AYE UP LASS :P

Noo you got that wrong right there....

You say OOOOOOOOAARRGGGGG I GOTTA A GREAT BIG COMBINE HARVESTER,...LOL.....You remember the Wurzles?

we say Aye up and av u got a pund. ;)

WOW AGAIN, the welcome from you guys and gals is awesome....and ive already spent some time looking through back dated post and am learning lots...thanks, i will be adding my 2 cents worth from time to time to put back in what i get out.

Edited by limeyangler