Toronto Bills

blaque

Another thread planted this seed, so I Had to get a canadian perspective on this ever growing concern down here in Buffalo. So Hows bout it........what are the feelings up there on the possibility of our team down here coming north. Both the set in place games coming up the next five years , and the possibility of the team becoming yours?

Ive heard your comments on the ACC clientel.......How are all the "suits and ties" gonna handle the elements of an open roof stadium, or will it be 100% box seats or possibly a dome LOL

I am probably in the minority but... I prefer the CFL game. :dunno:

Could not have said it better myself.. while I like the NFL.. The CFL is more Grit and less glory..

you can see a Bills game in buffalo for 50 bux.. here in Toronto it will cost you over 200 bux... make sense to anyone?

Nope I will not be seeing them here in Toronto.. they can take their 150% profit and share it with the gas companies.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

G

Either Ted Rogers or Larry Tanenbaum could easily afford to buy the team individually, but together no one will be able to out-bid them. So, if Ralph Wilson does hold an open auction for the team (team goes to the highest bidder), like he said, looks like the Bills will be in Toronto in the near future.

can they skate?

might be some competition for the Ontario NHL teams!

I love the idea but dislike the price more.

The International Bowl has been successful in TO recently, but at a fraction of the cost.

I personally think it'll do well at a few games but unless the ticket price is under $80cdn, it'll never fly for any extended period of time.

GO CHIEFS!!!!

And a hockey team,when are the Sabres coming? LOL

Bills have been my team from my begining of watching. I,ll pay. Is that ok with you G? lol

Brian, of course it is... you have my permission to go watch you're game of football.. Feel better now? LOL!

How does that saying go.... "A fool and his money are soon parted"

Guess that explains why I have an obsessive need for buying tackle, rods and reels or boating junk at every opportunity!

Have fun at the game Brian!

G

Ticket price is waaaaaay to high. People will pay becuase of the novelty for now, though.

Although, I did hear Bob McCowan on the FAN 590 say ticket sales are not going as quickly as expected.

I live in Hamilton so I'd rather drive 50 miles south and see 'em for 50 bucks than drive 50 miles north and see 'em for 200 bucks.

And I do feel sorry for Buffalo residents. This casts a dark shadow over your team for a few years as you wonder if you team will still be in Buffalo in the near future.

Edited by Mike Pike

Brian, of course it is... you have my permission to go watch you're game of football.. Feel better now? LOL!

How does that saying go.... "A fool and his money are soon parted"

Guess that explains why I have an obsessive need for buying tackle, rods and reels or boating junk at every opportunity!

Have fun at the game Brian!

G

Thank you ol great locked out one.LOL

Boating and fishing junk I have already,so Im ready to be a fool to part with some money for a game of football.

It,s another one of those,I was there and did it things. Not sure the grandchild will really give a poop when I tell him/her the story.LOL

Thank you ol great locked out one.LOL

Boating and fishing junk I have already,so Im ready to be a fool to part with some money for a game of football.

It,s another one of those,I was there and did it things. Not sure the grandchild will really give a poop when I tell him/her the story.LOL

Edited... as I do not want to hijack this thread.

Have fun at the game Brian and I want to see pictures of you with a big foam finger or something LOL! Pictures we want Pictures!! especially drunken ones!

G

Edited by Gerritt

Yea send them up North in Toronto so they can ruin the CFL. If you think Toronto will support both Leagues, Your on CRACK. Had this debate in Saskatcewan and it is felt leave it be, we like the CFL, where else can you see a Championship game thats not even in the Home city and its a Party, with Pride, and you can meet out of province fans and enjoy, Not in ther NFL Buddy. We dont want your money or any part of it. Not in Sask

Guess ya never heard of the Raptors eh Holdfast. LOL

Only Canadian team in an AMERICAN game this day and is competitive and draws crowds and BIG BUCKS.

CFL IS GOLD TO CANADA,whats a little compitition?????????????

You seem green with envey.LOL

Edited by misfish

If and when the Buffalo Bills move to Toronto it will be with a new owner and that will be a VERY good thing for the team.

Ralph Wilson is one of the cheapest dude to walk the planet. He "had" a great GM in Bill Polian and fired him and replaced him with a very good GM in John Butler and fired him. This has been a habit from him for over 30 years here in Buffalo. It all starts with a good GM and a good head coach of which Ralph will never pay for especially in today market prices.

Ralph has realized that he has drained this region of ever last cent he could by shaking his tin cup to every politician that would listen. Now he is whoring out the team to Toronto. If Mexico comes up with some money the Buffalo Bills will be playing some game over there as well.

Football is all about home field advantage but the Bills will be the only team in NFL history to have more away games than home games. Ralph only cares about gate receipts not winning. Maybe when the team finally leaves Buffalo we can get a MLB team here and help the city revive itself. God knows the Bills playing 8 errr 7 home games a year in Orchard Park never brought one red cent into the city of Buffalo.

Bob

The Bills in T.O. is horrible idea,

Stadium too small

Ticket Prices are ridiculas, for the 397 $ I spemnt on seasons this year in Buffalo you get 1-2 tickets for 1 game up here.

No TAILGATING because everyone up here is too uptight.

Crappy corporate turnout like the the Maple Losers!

Keep them in Buffalo where the games are fun and affordable.

I'd prefer having another NHL team in toronto... can u like move the Bills to Tampa or Anaheim to trade for their NHL team to here instead? :)

Not a CHANCE lol, well, not if i can help it. The sabres, to me anyway, are alot more dear to me than any Football team. If they left, Id move with them!

Could not have said it better myself.. while I like the NFL.. The CFL is more Grit and less glory..

you can see a Bills game in buffalo for 50 bux.. here in Toronto it will cost you over 200 bux... make sense to anyone?

Nope I will not be seeing them here in Toronto.. they can take their 150% profit and share it with the gas companies.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

G

This is the mentality i was hoping to hear......I cringe at yet another corporate money making decision taking precidence over a loyal fanbase , both canadian and local.