specs, looking for gators, and fishing with someone new

scuro

IMGP0014.jpg

Went fishing south of Timmins this last weekend. There is still some snow up there.

IMGP0006-1.jpg

It was the first time I had fished with Dan, we had never met but talked for years over the internet. He was an awesome host and taught me a thing or three.

IMGP0009.jpg

We fished specs in the morning on this lake.

IMGP0004-2.jpg

They were aggressive Saturday and gun shy Sunday. I'm enjoying Saturday morning here.

IMGP0007.jpg

Caught about a dozen for a couple hours work.

IMGP0012.jpg

Later in the day we spent a lot of time looking into water like this.

IMGP0010.jpg

...or this, but the lake was still too cold to see dem' gators up shallow. We could only could find a few juveniles scattered around the lake, both deep and shallow.

IMGP0017.jpg

Saw three new species of birds, a black bear, two moose, and what I am guessing is a male partridge. This dude wouldn't let me past on my way home. His partner on the side of the road ran away into the bushes. Women! It was nice to be out on the water again finally and in a beautiful corner of the world.

Edited by scuro

Noo gators??!! I'd trade 100 pike for one of those lilttle beauties.. I'd hate to see a northern in a brookie lake.. My filet knife would make short work of them if I ever came across one fishing for trout!

Sweet report and pics!

thanx

HD

Fish Racist :)

G

No worries, to separate lakes. The pike and specs never had the chance to meet. We used small spinners and small rapellas, both worked equally well.

I like catching specs plenty but they don't get my heart racing when all hell breaks lose with a massive gator on the other end of the line.

cool pictures. I grew up near there and havn'et been back in a very long time....since leaving for school in SWO. How far south of timmins were you fishing? I used to have so much fun catching specks not much bigger than a perch in tiny streams and lakes down logging roads.

and that ruffed grouse is best photographed when wrapped in bacon.

Edited by j ace

cool pictures. I grew up near there and havn'et been back in a very long time....since leaving for school in SWO. How far south of timmins were you fishing? I used to have so much fun catching specks not much bigger than a perch in tiny streams and lakes down logging roads.

and that ruffed grouse is best photographed when wrapped in bacon.

We were in the Gogama region.