Customer Service at the top of LeBaron's list once again

Joey

So I call LeBaron this morning to see if they have the 4 items I want in stock. The guys says hang on, comes back and says they have one very close item that will work and the other three items he has.

So, I drive over and guess what, not one item I asked for is there, and the "close" one won't work even tho he knew what I was going to use it for.

They can't figure out who told me the items were there, and asked who I talked to. I told them I didn't ask his name. I said maybe you can ask around to see who answered the phone about 15 minutes ago.

They said it was probably the guy in the back, he'll tell you stuff is in stock even if it isn't :wallbash::wallbash::rolleyes::angry::asshat:

Okay, Rant over!!!!!

Joey

Joey- Yeah the guy screwed up.... However don't take offense but YOU didn't even know the person's name so you don't even know WHO to be mad at. Blaming LeBaron's as a whole in a case like this doesn't seem fair to me....

I get the same type of thing all the time. I drive delivery for a bakery. People call the office and the office promises them the world but they never tell me what was promised. So I get all the abuse when I get to the customer and the office never followed up on what they promised... I had one clown in the office who would say yes to any request just to avoid a hassle. I educated my customers to ALWAYS, AlWAYS get the name of who answers the phone. So a couple of times I actually called the office got the clown on the phone and listened while the customer YELLED AT HIM not me for a change. Funny thing is after the 4th time of him taking the blame for his own mistakes he quit LOL....

Today consumers should ALWAYS get a name if you are going to invest gas and time to go get something, that way you go to the management and maybe get something for your trouble.... if you were lied to over the phone.

Edited by Canuck2fan

Joey- Yeah the guy screwed up.... However don't take offense but YOU didn't even know the person's name so you don't even know WHO to be mad at. Blaming LeBaron's as a whole in a case like this doesn't seem fair to me....

I get the same type of thing all the time. I drive delivery for a bakery. People call the office and the office promises them the world but they never tell me what was promised. So I get all the abuse when I get to the customer and the office never followed up on what they promised... I had one clown in the office who would say yes to any request just to avoid a hassle. I educated my customers to ALWAYS, AlWAYS get the name of who answers the phone. So a couple of times I actually called the office got the clown on the phone and listened while the customer YELLED AT HIM not me for a change. Funny thing is after the 4th time of him taking the blame for his own mistakes he quit LOL....

Today consumers should ALWAYS get a name if you are going to invest gas and time to go get something, that way you go to the management and maybe get something for your trouble.... if you were lied to over the phone.

Your right on this one always ask to who you are talking to.

It helps when you get there and can't find the items.

Call me "old fashioned" but I would think that each and every employee represents the said company. So if that's the case, Joey is quite right in complaining about the company. Maybe management of the company should better control who answers the phone and/or deals with their most valuable resource "The customer".

Just my .02

Cheers

Craig

I would only deal with the Oriental gentlman that works there...he was the only one that seemed to know the stuff and where it was...even if he was busy and I had to wait... :whistling:

Call me "old fashioned" but I would think that each and every employee represents the said company. So if that's the case, Joey is quite right in complaining about the company. Maybe management of the company should better control who answers the phone and/or deals with their most valuable resource "The customer".

Just my .02

Cheers

Craig

I agree to a certain extent but I think we all work for a living and realize that in any organization you have the top 10% of employees who are on the ball and then the other 90% who are just there for a paycheck.... Again if you are going to spend the time and gas after putting your faith in a voice over the phone in this day and age then getting a name to go with that voice doesn't seem unreasonable to me. Even if you wanted management to praise someone for doing a good job how can you if you don't know who you talked to?

Yep, its LeBaron's fault:

"They said it was probably the guy in the back, he'll tell you stuff is in stock even if it isn't "

Go figure...get fired for giving a Timbit away but at LeBaron's employee's get away with that on a regular basis?

Forrest

The guy in the back is really a monkey that just presses a button to play a pre-recorded message. :thumbsup_anim:

I only order online from them if at all.

No but the guy in the back line might just have just been a line. I knew a manager of cara air foodservices and if the customers ever had a problem that could not be traced to a specific individual it would be blamed on "Harold".... Harold was fired 73 times and demoted over 200 times in the 6 years this person managed customer relations.... He said most of his problems were solved once he "created" Harold, because customers wanted someone to be blamed and punished. By telling them that he had severly punished Harold he gave them the scapegoat they sought and then they happily continued buying from cara.... BTW he said the scary thing was NOT once did any buyer ever say that "firing" Harold was wrong or an over reaction LOL.

i much prefer to go to the little guy, most of the time he knows you by name and what you are after, and if he doesn' have it he will die trying to get it for you. I refuse to shope at Lebaron here in Ottawa now!

If you get the lowest price in town doesn't it follow that you get the worst service?

Competency cost money!

There are specialty shops, like Abercrombie and Finch, who will fit your guns, shine your boots and arrange a good night on the town, but not for rock bottom, discount prices...

Dad always said you get what you pay for.

Garry2R's

I can see the point of getting a name for big box stores but a tackle store you would hope you are getting some one who cares about what they are doing I would hope that the people that just have it as a part time job are doing it for the love of talking fishing or outdoors and would give 110% for the customer if I call a big box yes I get a name and dont trust that they have a clue at all.

Joey sorry to here this happened at least it was only 15min drive a buddy of mine took the 2+ hour dive to royal distributing to find out they were out of the tires he had ordered go figure.

First queston I always ask when I am calling a company about anything is "who am I speaking with?" I find it puts things on a more personal level, there is instant accountability, and besides, I like to know who I am talking with be the outcome good or bad. When I ran my own company, the phones were always answered with "good morning/afternoon/evening, this is Cliff/Sue/Linda......., how can I help you?"

The fault is Lebaron's. Their staff. When someone phones the person answering if they cannot help should always attempt to forward you to someone who can. Joey called, was told info and then acted on that information all in good faith, she has an expectation, rightfully so, of the same good faith back from Lebarons.

i much prefer to go to the little guy, most of the time he knows you by name and what you are after, and if he doesn' have it he will die trying to get it for you. I refuse to shope at Lebaron here in Ottawa now!

I wish that were true in my hometown where the little guy cared about getting what he promised. Since he opened I have tried repeatedly to give him my business on all the small stuff. I haven't bought any large ticket items like rods or reels because I have all that already.... I have however made a point of dropping in there and trying to purchase things like clip lights, lighted floats, spawn, spawn netting, and line. Which each of those items I have went in told him what I wanted and been told it will be here in a few days. In all cases for the above items I have had to go back at least 4 times and in some cases such as the clip lights they still haven't shown up over a year later. (So I ordered them from LeBarons along with over a 100 bucks worth of other stuff 3 TIMES now since he promised they would be in next week!!!!) Now I don't like being mislead about when items will be in, but I feel it is important to give the guy a break and keep going back after I calm down to spend a few bucks. Simply because he is the only game around that doesn't require 15 bucks in gas or shipping and two hour round trip.... one day that will come in handy when I am in a real jam for some gear for a trip. Would I send anybody else to go shop there NOPE I could not do that because he is not consistent or in my opinion even truthful when telling you what he can get for you or even when it will show up. If he was he would get more than the 15% to 20% or so of the two to three grand I spend on fishing a year..... Somedays I think I am just enabling his inability to deliver by going back but with no other options around he gets a little slack...

If I could get to Lebarons in 15 minutes I wouldn't care what they had in stock or when as I would be going there two to three times a week anyhow LOL.

Edited by Canuck2fan