Is the trout season over?

Guest Fishing For Life

Guest Fishing For Life

Have anyone caught any rainbows in any rivers since last weekend?

Are they still in rivers or the trout season is officially done?

I imagine the headwaters of rivers and smaller creeks are pretty close to being done. Scouted a few tribs during the past week and a lot of them were almost devoid of fish. Bigger rivers where fish go up further will still probably have decent numbers. In general think big.

Lower sections should still have dropbacks in them. I'd assume water temps are still nice and cold.....so they'll stick it out for a bit yet. Some of my best steelheading has been later in the season......most guys think its over.....meanwhile, I'm fishing a pool in the lower stretches thats loaded with hungry dropbacks.

don't forget the marshmallows :)

Sinker

Guest Fishing For Life

Oh man,

please tell me there are still some trout somewhere ..

otherwise, i feel something empty inside of me ..

started this crazy rainbow trout fishing last Nov and got hooked on it ..

have been fishing them weekends after weekends ...

regardless of weather .. (I swear I will NEVER and NEVER fish in -10c weather anymore)

not to mention all gears have purchased from first centerpin, first float rod,

to first everything since then ...

it has been pretty much what has kept me going for the past couple months .. and now it is over

and have to wait until the fall?

oh man, there is something in my eyes ... what am i going to do?

do you really expect me spending weekend and weekends with GF?

Best thing to do is get off the puter and go look for yourself. Nobody is going to tell you that there is a pool on XXX creek loaded with dropbacks.

You'll prolly find the motherload!

Sinker

Guest Fishing For Life

I know how selfish river fishmen can be, trust me.

that is why I am asking for the rivers, not spots

the reason I am asking is that I have checked out 3 of eastern tribs and

havent seen anything at the lower section close to the lake .. and wonder

if they are still there or gone ... so that I can plan my weekends accordingly

Cheers!

Oh man,

please tell me there are still some trout somewhere ..

otherwise, i feel something empty inside of me ..

started this crazy rainbow trout fishing last Nov and got hooked on it ..

have been fishing them weekends after weekends ...

regardless of weather .. (I swear I will NEVER and NEVER fish in -10c weather anymore)

not to mention all gears have purchased from first centerpin, first float rod,

to first everything since then ...

it has been pretty much what has kept me going for the past couple months .. and now it is over

and have to wait until the fall?

oh man, there is something in my eyes ... what am i going to do?

do you really expect me spending weekend and weekends with GF?

Move to Michigan for the skamania - Steelhead almost all year round :thumbsup_anim:

Steelhead are still around (at least for Lake O tribs I scouted) - should be there for the next little while. With that said, expect to do a fair bit of driving. On Wednesday my dad and I drove 300km to land 1 fish (my fish :thumbsup_anim: )

If you're feeling adventurous, load up the car and head north to Lake Superior. You've got the St. Mary's, Nipigon river, steel river, jackpine plus dozen more tribs to fish

If the same old spots aren't holding any fishing, try new spots on the same old rivers - or try new rivers. I fished mostly in the East this year, and there are still fish to be found, for sure. A map and two feet will be your best tools to help find fish this time of year :)

p.-

I hit the Credit this morning for a couple of hours and landed a really fresh looking male~5lbs...caught it on my first drift and thought I was going to have a banner day :lol: ....unfortunately that was it. Would have stuck around a bit longer but it was getting pretty windy.

LOL, some guys here are killing me! :lol:

You guys do realize that it was a LATE RUN this year right? On most of the major rivers, ALL of the steelies are still in there! The guys "in the know" have zip-locked mouths because they want you to stay at home while they slaughter steel.

I know first hand that a MAJOR steelhead river has 100% of the run still in the river. They're wayyyy up and just starting to come back down. You'll be smoking drop-backs into June if you're still interested.

The major runs were just entering the river mouths the week before opener... Damn, some are still spawning. You do the math.

:whistling:

^^ correction, not all tribs still have steelhead up. fished an east trib the other day worked our way from up river all the way down and found 5 fish in a 6 km strech of river. alot of fish are happily swiming out in the lake.