Awesome Action on Lake O Pike

What may have lacked in size made up in quantity. We saw some big girls behind our lures but they kept missing. Once the committed, they were "spent". That make sense as the warmest temps we found were a hair under 48 degrees. Saw dozen fish over 15 lbs, largest landed for was was 8 pounds. Landed 25 between 4-6 lbs. Focus on 4-7 feet of water, slow retrieves the key with chartreuse lures.

I'm testing a new soft plastic system out and first results were impressive in areas fished with spinnerbaits and jerekbaits previously caught fish we didn't know were there.

Sorry Team, but none I wanted to put a tape measure to as I usually get a couple of 40 inches in late May.

Nice to have met some OFNers out there.

DSCN0614.JPG

DSCN0617.JPG

I think that it is a pickerel not a pike. The pattern towards the belly really looks like a chain pickerel to me. Rather than bean shaped spots like a pike it's spots are so big that the area around them resembles a chain.

If you have another pic of it, put it up.

On another topic. Why is there a wine cork in your live well?

Here is a pic from In-Fisherman of a chain pickerel, looks similar.

IFM0403_PickeralB.jpg

Edited by jediangler

Hi all,

Nice pix of the pike!

A couple of questions:

1) Do you need to have a Toronto Harbour License if you want to fish there?

2) Where's the best place to launch? I'm in the north end of town so prefer to know if there's one on the Leslie Street Spit or on the east side.

Thanks

Good luck on getting a reply to that question on this board! :lol:

haha i love how somebody answered it right underneath of your post.....by the way how many johnny bass's are there on this board? i've seen at least 3 or is it the same guy? j/w