My first bass over 10 pounds - Lake Toho report

cthewrld

DSCN0659.jpgDSCN0650.jpgDSCN0660.jpgI spent the last 3 days fishing on Lake Toho, just outside of Orlando, Florida. The fish are in the pre-spawn, spawn and post-spawn stages. It was a real mixed bag.

I caught 37 fish over the 3 days - 33 largemouth, 2 gar, and 2 chain pickerel (pike - very similar to Northern). The largemouth averaged around 5 pounds, and on the final day I finally managed to reach my goal of landing fish over 10 pounds. To say that it was an amazing experience is a huge understatement! The fishing was done with a combination of live shiners and artificials. Most of the fish were caught on the shiners in water that averaged 6 feet deep. Loads of hydrilla ..... a really typical Florida bass lake.

I have only included a few of the pictures from the 3 days. You can see in one of them, that the fish is about to spawn. That will probably happen today on the new moon.

Mighty impressive Mike. Congrats to you.

My Grandfather lived in St. Cloud, just across the street from West Toho (I think it is called). Spent a few evenings sitting on one of the piers fishing, but had no luck. Of course, this was back in the early 70's whe we went down for visiting and vacation.

I've never caught one anywhere near that weight ... maybe close to half of that.

Again - congrats on the large bucket mouth.

Edited by Rich Clemens