Mornin folks, and Happy Spring

lew

Well, we finally got thru the winter, but it sure doesn't look or feel like springtime outside yet with a foot of snow on the ground and cold weather hanging around, but what the heck, if the calander says it's springtime that's good enuff for me :thumbsup_anim:

Ice fishing doesn't close here till the end of March and then it's wait till 3rd sat in May before season re-opens, so it's still 2+ months away. But should be all downhill after we lose these cold days first.

LOL birds are still here, an early flight? Stupid birds, call ahead! We got 1 1/2 -2 inches of snow yesterday evening. Just hope the high waters doesn`t hurt the walleye spawn in the Erie tribs.

Way to early to get too excited here, we have had some pretty good snow falls even going into early April.

We usually have ice out here by April 15 but I think it might be a bit later this year as temps have remained well below normal for the last few weeks. There is a lot of open water at any if the places that feed into the lake, Fenelon Falls and the Scugog River but out in front of my place there is still at least 18" of solid ice.

Anyway Happy Spring everyone!

Are you sure Lew ?...

Spring may have sprung

The grass ain't yet riz

And I'm stitting here, wonderin' where in the hell the birdies iz...

Oh well, as long as the ice is gone by the last Saturday in April... :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Beans