New to me 6HP Johnson

danbouck

A couple months ago I got a great deal on an older 6Hp Johnson for the Tinny. So today I decided since it was so nice out to get it running and tune it up.

Well I got everything all set up and the damn thing started first pull :thumbsup_anim: Now what am I gonna do for the rest of the night? The thing ran mint. I love those old Johnsons.

(Now I really can't wait until the ice is gone)

I sold my 80' 20HP Johnson and now run a 93' 15HP. I miss the old one though. The 20HP seemed to run as fast as the 30HP they are putting out today. Either way, i have had no problems with either, other then my 93' snapping the throttle cable, due to a mechanic that had no idea how to reassemble after cleaning the carb :angry:

how old is old ,what did ya have to set up points etc I got a nice 98 9.9 givin to me last fall was a great gift and is gonna make a great kicker

It is a late 70's one. I wasn't completely sure what I was in for. Figured maybe clean out the carb and put new plugs in.

I had a great old 8hp johnson, before idecided to run it with no mix..... now i have a 6 inch johnson...

at least the old one donated its body parts to my buddy who has an identical motor.. whch is stll running... always sign the donor card.

My Johnson will be 45 this summer. The cowling has faded just a little but that son of a gun just won't die !!!

My Johnson is 55 on Saturday. Never missed a beat either..... :whistling: