Spring Fishing and Boat Show seminars

kennyman

I've tried all over the net,the International Centre's own website and tried numerous searches and haven't found the seminar schedule. I'd like to plan my day around it. If anyone could post the schedule or a link to it I would be grateful. Thanks.

Edited by kennyman

Well i bought a salmon seminar ticket for $10 bucks,at 10am sat morning,that also includes admission...i think i heard al lindner is there sat afternoon ?? not %100 sure though...they usually take a few days worth of adds in thenewspapers so dont worry,im sure we will all know by then....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Hey guys and gals,

The Scotty pro trolling seminar is on Sat Morning at 8:00am till 11:00am. On stage will be Dave Sullivan (Team Hot Reels) Matt Santoro (Team Hot Rods) Vito Dattomo (Team Lord of the Kings) and Yvan Charrois (Team Get It Wet)

Entry is $10.00 and you get free entry in the show afterwards. This may be a great way for someone to learn a litlle or a lot but for $10.00 it is it will be a fun 3 hrs mingling with the salmon fraternity.

Topics will be Lead core, Downrigging, Copper, wire dipsy, big boards, inline boards ect...

Tickets are at JB's, Tightlines, Grimsby Tackle, Tall Tales, Shortwave or call

Yvan Charrois - 905- 835-8105

Vito Dattomo - 416- 937- 4329

Matt Santoro - 905- 424- 1043

Dave Sullivan - 705 - 435-1594

Thanks

Yvan

Thanks for adding details about the trolling seminar, Yvan. You might want to drop a note about it (or some kind of crossreference pointing here) into the Al Lindner at Fishing and Boat Show thread, too. These 2 threads are pretty much the same topic, but this thread will show up better on searches, while the other one has a bigger audience as it sits.

New word early this morning is that the seminar schedule is still in the process of being finalized. Once everything's confirmed ("soon"), I'll get a copy. It'll be posted here as soon as I see it.

A slightly longer description of tentatively scheduled events is in this post in the Al Lindner thread.

One last cross-reference for anyone landing here via the search function: look here too, just in case.

Thanks for adding details about the trolling seminar, Yvan. You might want to drop a note about it (or some kind of crossreference pointing here) into the Al Lindner at Fishing and Boat Show thread, too. These 2 threads are pretty much the same topic, but this thread will show up better on searches, while the other one has a bigger audience as it sits.

New word early this morning is that the seminar schedule is still in the process of being finalized. Once everything's confirmed ("soon"), I'll get a copy. It'll be posted here as soon as I see it.

A slightly longer description of tentatively scheduled events is in this post in the Al Lindner thread.

One last cross-reference for anyone landing here via the search function: look here too, just in case.

If this thread is going to confuse everyone just delete it mods. I didn't re-post an already existing thread. Mine was up here first (a day before the other thread) and I wanted to know specifically about the seminars. Like I said if it's going to confuse everyone (NOW THERE"S THREE :wallbash: ) just delete this one, I won't be offended. P.S. I still want a full seminar schedule, especially for Sunday.

Edited by kennyman

YES i am attending the great lakes trolling seminar,it shoulld be very interesting as i hear those guys all summer on the vhf radio as well as know matt santoro,so im looking forward to it,all these guys really know their stuff,and have all won big in the past,such as new boats and big cash derbies too....john at tightlines has tickets,as well as brian at JB"s..they are only selling i believe 300 tickets i have #145 so they are selling fast get them real soon...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

:clapping:

hats off to Andy and Vita for initiating a new venuue--kid centric-nice take-aways

rudiments of ice fishing for the ladies--nice touch

Great Lakes Salmon Tips would clearly be worth taking in for a guy like myself

however--carrot and the kick

real tuff to get an exhibitors list--did a cursory google search--called the number--got..a sreen shot of a poster

called the number

Bassmania answers--this mail box is full message

less than professional guys

see yah there

ID1

Kennyman, I apologize - I really wasn't trying to say you'd done anything wrong. Completely the opposite - what I'd tried to say was that you'd gotten it right. You posted first, using a very clear and concise subject line, which included the terms that the majority of people would search on. Two thumbs way up from me.

When I mentioned the other threads, it wasn't to stomp on yours. It was just an attempt to help anyone who would find this thread using the search, but not find the others. I don't think the other threads are better, or that this one needs to disappear. It just seemed that having a trail of breadcrumbs to connect all the dots might help someone, so I tried to be helpful. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Good luck getting an exhibitor's list. Never even occurred to me to ask about that, since there's no floor plan. If you get a copy of either one, I'd love to see them.

FWIW, I'm still waiting for the seminar schedule to hit my In box.

Kennyman, I apologize - I really wasn't trying to say you'd done anything wrong. Completely the opposite - what I'd tried to say was that you'd gotten it right. You posted first, using a very clear and concise subject line, which included the terms that the majority of people would search on. Two thumbs way up from me.

When I mentioned the other threads, it wasn't to stomp on yours. It was just an attempt to help anyone who would find this thread using the search, but not find the others. I don't think the other threads are better, or that this one needs to disappear. It just seemed that having a trail of breadcrumbs to connect all the dots might help someone, so I tried to be helpful. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Good luck getting an exhibitor's list. Never even occurred to me to ask about that, since there's no floor plan. If you get a copy of either one, I'd love to see them.

FWIW, I'm still waiting for the seminar schedule to hit my In box.

Hey Tangled Lines I wasn't mad at all. I really mean the mods can delete if they have even an inkling to do so. I have no emotional attachment to this post or thread and if it's going to confuse people just get rid of it. Now, I wanted to make it clear that I didn't post the subject after the original post and I knew not everyone would look at the dates. I guess I didn't and still don't want to look like an :asshat: . I'm sorry you interpreted the post that I was angry. I really wasn't. I guess I'm sorry for the misunderstanding too.

No problem at all. Glad we're good. :)

Update - got voice mail this morning from Vita Pallotta. She's still waiting for the guys involved to confirm the schedule, but hopes to have a copy of it in my mailbox "by the end of the weekend." I'm supposed to call her if it doesn't arrive.

Just a quick update - the seminar schedule has not yet arrived.

Tried calling Vita back about 20 minutes ago, per her req in Sat's voice mail. Got the CSFL answering machine after 6 or 7 rings, so I left a quick message with my cell #.

That's all I know for now.

Is it just me or didn't most of these seminars once come with your price of admission. It seems that the event organizers are gouging the public more and more each year as well as the groups setting up shop, I think the only people coming out on top are the ones that own the venue. Sorry about the rant.

Is it just me or didn't most of these seminars once come with your price of admission. It seems that the event organizers are gouging the public more and more each year as well as the groups setting up shop, I think the only people coming out on top are the ones that own the venue. Sorry about the rant.

I know at the Musky Odyssee in St. Catherines every 2nd year, your $10 admission fee also includes 3-4 seminars by some of the top musky anglers in the business. Each talk is about an hour long and your listening to some of the best there are.

Lew, that muskie odyssey thing sounds amazing, especially since I am trying to learn about muskie fishing. I'll make a note of attending next time it's on. Steve, thanks for the info. Still I wonder how much better the big sportsman show will be. I know it's a bit more expensive especially without free parking, but I know it's bigger and better IMHO so I might still wait until that one and skip the spring fishing show.

Vita called me about an hour ago. I took a few notes...

The salmon masters seminar is a separate entity, not part of the show itself per se. The gang from Scotty are doing it on their own, and just happen to be having it at the same center at the same time as the show. Letting the students into the show free when they're primed to spend money with the exhibitors seems sensible.

The salmon seminar is at 8am Saturday, and tickets are limited. Tickets are available through these show supporters:

--JB's Fishing Depot (Toronto)

--Tightlines (Pickering)

--Natural Sports (Kitchener)

--Grimsby Tackle (Grimsby)

--Hook Line & Sinker (Guelph)

--Fishing World (Hamilton)

If you want salmon tickets and can't get to one of these stores, you may also be able to reserve tickets by emailing Vita. If there are tickets left, she'll put them aside for you, and you can pick them up at the main door of Hall 5. I suggest including your phone # in your email, just in case.

General admission tickets to the show are not available online. There will be a ticket booth at the main entrance to Hall 5. The ticket booth accepts CASH ONLY. An ATM will be available in the lobby.

Information for the official show guides just went out to the printer's this morning. I'm the first person to get copies of the seminar schedules. If I've managed to figure out the attachment system, they should appear below:

Seminars___CSFL_Pro_Panel_and_Tips___Fishing_and_Boat_Show_2008.pdf

Seminars___Master_Angler___Fishing_and_Boat_Show_2008.pdf

Seminars___Megatank___Product_Reviews___Fishing_and_Boat_Show_2008.pdf

I've asked for copies of the exhibitor's list, and the show floor plan. They should arrive sometime later today.

For anyone unfamilliar with the International Centre, here's the main Centre floor plan and a pdf of just Hall 5.

That's about all I know at the moment.

Edited by TangledLines