Spring Fishing and Boat Show seminars

kennyman

Thankyou very much for going out of your way to post these Adrianne. I'll probably go Sunday, but since Monday is that special "Family Holiday" now, maybe it'll be then. I'll see when my buddy wants to go. So, just to clarify exactly what seminars do you have to pay for and which (if any) are free.? Sorry, but not much is very clear.

last year in May, Vito & Dave Sullivan put on a smaller seminar at JB's on a Saturday night - it was done as a fundraiser for the Ringwood Hatchery. They had such a good response & turnout that they wanted to to do it again this winter. Only at a more centralized location. I think its a great idea :thumbsup_anim:

Cant wait, as lishtening to these guys is the equivellant of the musky-odysey speakers.

Gents,

This post was just brought to my attention. Here's a list of all the exhibitors attending the Fishing and Boat Show. If anybody has any questions pertaining the show, please feel free to email me at: [email protected] and I'll make sure your questions get answered.

MEGA TANK

AISLE A

City of Toronto A-2

Fish for the Wish A-3

Big Brothers Big Sisters of York: Catch a Dream Derby A-4

Antique Motors A-7

Carmichael & Company A-12 & G-28

AISLE B

Grimsby Tackle B-1

Mercury Marine B-2

MotorGuide B-2

Competitive Sport Fishing League B-9

The Spring Hunting Show B-17

Antique Tackle B-17A

Okuma B-21

St. Croix B-25

Lightning Series Spinner Baits B-27

Mizmo Baits B-28

Mercury Apparel B-29

VanderMeer Studios B-31

WILSON’S “Ontario’s Fly Shop” B-32

Fish TV B-34

Power Pro B-35

Redwing Tackle B-36

Boater’s Exam B-37

Polar Bear Outfitters B-40

Advanced Taxidermy & Wildlife B-41

Bass Magnet Lures B-43

Lund Fibreglass B-44A

Scotty Downriggers B-45

Muskies Canada Sport Fishing & Research Inc. B-47

Hook Line & Sinker B-49

Outdoor Canada Magazine B-51

AISLE C

Yamaha Motors Canada Ltd. – ATV C-1

Yamaha Motors Canada Ltd. C-7

G3 Boats by Yamaha C-7

Lund Boats C-8 & C-24

J.B.’s Fishing Depot C-25

AISLE D

Metro Police Marine Unit D-1

Transport Canada D-3

Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) D-6

DT Power Sports D-17

Ranger Boats D-17

Stratos Boats D-17

Ontario Federation of Anglers & Hunters D-18

BoatSmart D-19

Fin-tech Tackle Company D-20

Dream Weaver Lures D-21

Megabass D-22

Ogilvy & Ogilvy Insurance D-23

AISLE E

Fish Ontario E-1

Allison Boats E-2

Sunset Bay Powersports E-2

Princecraft Boats E-6

Hastings Marine E-8

MirroCraft Boats E-8

Skeeter Performance Boats E-8

Sylvan Boats E-8

Tightline Fisherman’s Warehouse E-9

AISLE F

Bake & Deli Delight F-1

Sonia Socks F-2

Gow-Bush-Kon Lodge F-3

Red Cedar Lake Camp F-4

Vacation Cruise F-5

Toronto Star F-6

Northstar Marine Insurance Inc. F-7

Island Lake Camp F-8

Image Advantage Inc. F-9

Ontario Sportfishing Guides’ Association F-10

Grand River Flyfishing F-11

Port Colborne Marine F-13

Smoker Craft Boats F-13

Sylvan Boats F-13

Red Pine Wilderness Lodge F-14

Watson’s Algoma Vacations Ltd. F-15

Totem Point Lodge F-16

White Pine Resort F-17

Horseshoe Valley Camp F-18

Cochrane Air Services Ltd. F-19

Ritchie’s End of Trail F-20

Garden Island Lodge F-21

Wallace Timberwolf Lodge Ltd. F-22

Caesar’s Lodge F-23

Survival Steel F-24

MP3 Polarized Eyewear F-25

AISLE G

Canadian Sportfishing Productions G-1

Fibreglass Works Ltd. - Seabreeze Boats G-2

Niagara Sportfishing G-3

Boat Tech G-4

Custom Weld Boats G-6

Express Boats G-6

Harbercraft Aluminum Boats G-6

Suzuki Canada G-6

Fisher Girl G-7

Orillia Perch Festival G-9

First Mate Lures G-10

Lures & Tours Lake Simcoe and Lake Couchiching G-11

Plasma Innovation Cookware G-12

Match Angling Club of Ontario G-13

Post Custom Knives G-14

Alumacraft Boats G-15

Bay City Marine G-15

Triton Boats G-15

Northamfishing Tackle Company G-26

Moose River G-27

Club Cranberry G-29

Lene Sunglasses G-30

Pasco Synthetics & Powersport G-32

Bassman Enterprises Inc. G-33

Legend Boats G-34 & G-35

Crestliner Boats G-38

Freedom Boats G-38

AISLE H

Baysville Marine H-1

Legend Bass Boats H-1

Boatland Canada H-2

Nitro Performance Fishing Boats H-2

ProCraft Boats H-2

Tracker Marine H-2

Triton Boats H-2

Natural Sports H-5 & H-13

Stanley Aluminum Boats H-8

Fishing World H-14

Thanks for pasting in the list of exhibitors, Craig.

I've received a pdf copy of the exhibitors list and floor plan. It's too big for the attachment file size limit. I've crunched it down to a jpg that's good enough to give a rough idea on the fly.

Fishing_and_Boat_Show_2008_Directory.jpg

If anyone wants the full-sized pdf (2.5mb), shoot me your email address in a PM, and I'll send it over.

To the best of my knowledge, the only class not included in the standard $12 ticket is the salmon masters seminar (8am to 11am Saturday, Aviation Hall A or Conference Room 1, depending what pdf you read - 2 names for 1 room).

I have a habit of charting schedules out in a spreadsheet. Makes it easy to choose the seminars I'm interested in, and see how they fit together - which ones overlap, which ones don't have enough time to travel between, yadda yadda. It turned up one situation I think might be an error.

The 12:30pm to 1pm Saturday slot is doublebooked on the CSFL Pro Panel and Tips schedule. It shows Paul Powis cleaning fish during the first half of the Walleye Panel presentation. I assume that everything on the CSFL Pro Panel and Tips pdf takes place on the CSFL stage in the bottom left corner of the floor plan. This is the only time I found seminars in the same venue overlapping like this. The walleye presentation is also mistakenly written as beginning at 12:30 AM.

Looks like we'll be going on Saturday. I'll be checking into the walleye/cleaning conflict - I've already seen Paul's cleaning demo, but the walleye presentation is interesting.

Thanks again Tangled Lines. I was hoping the other seminars were free. That's the best part of the show for me. I love learning about this hobby and I know that so far I'm just scratching the surface. While I'm at the show I'll probably only drop another $50-$100 if the deals are decent, but if everyone that attends does that the show will work out well for everyone involved. The seminars are the draw,but the booths reap the benefits.

I ended up seeing the Ron James + Leo Stakos, Dave Mercer, Italo Libignan and JP Derose seminars (JP's was more of a product overview of Megabass (Megabucks) lures). I talked with Ron+Leo and Italo afterwards for a few minutes and met Charlie Wray. All were very nice, sociable guys. The seminars were about what you'd expect. I don't mean that in a bad way, just that Ron and Leo were being .... well, funny and informative, trying to include everyone and encouraging other ethnic groups to join in and fish responsibly. Dave Mercer was his usual likeable,high strung self and you always get the feeling that he's about as honest a person as there is on this planet. He's not up there acting, what you see is what you get. He is honestly trying to teach you and he cares about the hobby,loves his job,is very grateful and feels very fotunate to be where he is. You like this guy more everytime you see him. Italo was just winging it with his quiet confidence (some may mistake it for arrogance). He is VERY comfortable up there and you get the feeling that he could just as easily wing it for four hours and keep you entertained and learning the whole time. He exceeded my expectations and I'm not sure why but I went in there with a slight preconceived distaste for him and came out really liking him,even more after meeting him. I kind of felt guilty for prejudging him. I'd love to go fishig with this guy,actually any of them. As far as the rest of the show,it wasn't as big as last years,but you get the feeling that this IS going to be the premier fishing show. The owner and I believe CFSL pres. (can't remember his name) was personally involved in the seminars and you can tell,he loves what he's doing. That bodes very for the future of this show as well. I can't wait until next year already. All I bought was a few lure (six out of the 3 for $10 bin), one $2 pack of plastics and a Quantum IM6 pole for my son (I stepped on his and broke the tip last summer). It was a great day out and I didn't spend a fortune. :D

personally, i think the show was pretty lame. though i was very tempted w/ the 16ft lund deal.

i saw italo's seminar on monday. imho, he talks as if he's talking to a 3 year old who's never held a fishing rod before. i guess he's good for a newbie, but i got nothing out of him.

and i was surprised at how small the area of the show was. i was expecting a lot more and a lot bigger. oh well..at least the kids got in free, but by monday, th trout in the pond were so lethargic. and the only was to catch one was by snagging which is what everyone seemed to be doing. hehe.