At the Bog Feb 2/08

joonmoon

My wife and I had booked a hut with Kerry (Scugog ice huts) for Sat. After the storm we had Fri wasn't sure if we were gonna make it or not but it finished and blew across Ont with just enuff time to clean it up before we left Sat morn. Got to Scugog and loaded up his sled and taxi'd to our home for the day by 1pm. A warm four-man hut to ourselves...sweet. Within minutes we were icing dink perch with the odd keeper. :clapping:

100_1649.jpg

100_1652.jpg

100_1650.jpg

Warmin up to the eve bite for walleye.

When the sun set and the witching hour was upon us we were ready. The eye bite was slow, at one point I noticed my line and minnow twitched differently then it had been, I slowly lifted the rod out of the holder and felt weight, gave it a few seconds more and slammed the hook home. We were fishing in 6-8' right on top of a weedbed so I wanted to get it up quik so as not to wrap in the weeds and lose em as I did earlier with a decent perch. Just as it popped out of the hole the hook let go with a panic and a lightning quik reflex I had my first Scugog Walleye on the ice...Yippeee.

100_1656.jpg

A couple more hours of nothing and we called it a day. Plan to eat em up yum for snaks later today....yummmmm.

100_1658.jpg

Yup Kerry is good I highly recommend him to all. We had a blast and ya Bro gotta say that the snaks were better than the superbowl itself, well until the second half anyways...lol. Sorry bout yur Pats, oh well been there before with the Bills so suk it up...lol. Hope this rain freezes up and we get out again for a few more eyes yet this winter. You should join us for a day on the hard water... :whistling:

Well, I sure hope you two are planning a few trips up here again this year, Andy misses you! I'm going to install the Aqua-view in the boat this year and perhaps we can figure out how to nail a few more of those sly walleye. The door is always open and you two are welcome anytime!